Dealer installed sunroof?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Dealer installed sunroof? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yay or nay? Would you guys like one on your car if you had the choice?...

Dealer installed sunroof?

Yay or nay? Would you guys like one on your car if you had the choice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If it was done perfectly, I would like one. But I've seen some pretty crappy installs - even at dealers - that had rust, poor fit, cheesy looking switches, etc. I know there are some great installers, but it's one of those things that has to be just right, IMO. Be anal about the quality and use your best judgement!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

many people complain about after market sunroof installs....they start to leak and stuff as time goes on.

imho, i wouldnt get one...unless it came from the factory that way
    2005 PSM WRX

Sunroof will decrease your car's rigity, and will therefore hurt cornering performance a bit. I think they are also heavier. I don't know if this matters to you or not, but I thought you might like to know.

when i bought my WRX it came with one... but its starting to piss me off. sometimes when it's very cold it doesnt work and now its starting to rattle so all in all im pissed i bought a car that was previously owned by a woman... at least i still have a clutch
    luxury is 1.00 BAR+ of boost and the inability for your passenger to touch the dashboard

i have mine installed 2 years ago at a dealership and it's running fine.

Don't want it.. It's nice to have during summer... On a audi.. Not on my superwrx It weights!!
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

a definite must have - the weight makes NO difference at all. Its the best thing to have in the summer and looks SUPER nice when its flipped up.

Couldn't live without it...................

Quote Originally Posted by izey
    a definite must have - the weight makes NO difference at all. Its the best thing to have in the summer and looks SUPER nice when its flipped up.

Couldn't live without it...................

i second that!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Nay. I had a factory installed sunroof my last car ... it was OK, just OK. I do not miss it. I know of a two people who had water leak problems with them when installed post factory.

How much would this cost? I would really love to have one that can tilt.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

if you autox you will lose rigidity in your car....you also have the chance of cracking it...but if you dont drive your car hard it wont really matter....then you just have 2 worry bout leaks etc....dear install for a moonroof is around 1,000....id rather spend the $ on wheels or EM
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I Support ClubWRX
    80% of the aftermarket sunroofs I've seen have "issues". They always seem to have some sort of problem

Forget it then. I heard it was around $500. Also don't want to go through all this hassle just for a sunroof....
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

I currently have a 02 TL and the sunroof rattles way to much during the winter. When I get the WRX the one thing that I personally will not be looking for a is a Sunroof. They look pretty cool in the summer when opened, but IMO its not worth the annoyance during the cold weather.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.