dual bezel rattle
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on dual bezel rattle within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an Autometer dual bezel holding my GReddy 52 mm egt and boost guages Ever since I had this ...

dual bezel rattle

I have an Autometer dual bezel holding my GReddy 52 mm egt and boost guages

Ever since I had this put in, it has been rattling, and now I am fed up, I have tried stuffing foam behind the bezel with no luck.

Has anyone else experienced this? Anybody have a fix or any suggestions? I can't take it anymore.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The bezel itself is rattling? I Got a rattle because of the tubing to the boost gauge got kinked and caused the gauge to rattle, but I never had the bezel itself rattle. Did you install that crumby bracket that comes with it? If it were loose I could imagine it rattling.

I have the Autometer bezel pod as well with no issues. Maybe put a spacer on the bracket?
    2.5i's are gutless

AWD is like a sore pecker; you can't beat it.

LUCKY!

Quote Originally Posted by bluemeanie
    I have the Autometer bezel pod as well with no issues. Maybe put a spacer on the bracket?
    yeah i think it has something to do with the bracket

I got one a long time ago. At the time the screw provided didn't fit into the bracket. There was discussion as to whether or not you need the bracket at all. I ended up drilling the hole in the bracket out and using the screw they provided. Many people just ditched the bracket all together. It didn't seem to matter.

I have no issues with mine. I have seen where some people put it in without the lower brackets. When sitting still, it would be fine.. but under road forces, I would imagine it will wiggle around a bit.

Good luck finding the rattle....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.