Clock, External Temperature Gauges for a '02 WRX ?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Clock, External Temperature Gauges for a '02 WRX ? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I have a black '02 WRX sedan. It's a terrific car, but I do miss the digital external temperature ...

Arrow Clock, External Temperature Gauges for a '02 WRX ?

Hi,

I have a black '02 WRX sedan. It's a terrific car, but I do miss the digital external temperature readout I had in my earlier car. Does anyone know if this is available and where ?

The previous owner had taken the clock and clock pod off, to install the 3-gauge pack(turbo, volts, oil temp) --- which is great, but I do miss seeing the time Does anyone know if there is any other way to install a clock ?

Thanks !

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vender GnV Motorsports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxbeatsporsche
    Hi,

I have a black '02 WRX sedan. It's a terrific car, but I do miss the digital external temperature readout I had in my earlier car. Does anyone know if this is available and where ?

The previous owner had taken the clock and clock pod off, to install the 3-gauge pack(turbo, volts, oil temp) --- which is great, but I do miss seeing the time Does anyone know if there is any other way to install a clock ?

Thanks !
    Unless you custom-fit something.. your only other option is buying a new headunit with a clock readout on it.

Does anyone make a clock to fit in the 3-gauge center pod? You could get rid of the volt meter (who needs that anyway?) and substitute it with a clock that looks like a gauge. I just wear a wristwatch.

External temp is stock on my EDM inside the guage cluster.. I also have defi pod where the clock used to be so my clock is now on my aftermarked sony stereo...

Get a upgraded stereo with mp3 playback.. It's nice, even in a rally car And with mp3's you don't need 1 lbs of cd's
    And if the usdm don't have outside temp in the clutster, you can always get a new and cooler one
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

Quote Originally Posted by crewsct
    Does anyone make a clock to fit in the 3-gauge center pod? You could get rid of the volt meter (who needs that anyway?) and substitute it with a clock that looks like a gauge. I just wear a wristwatch.
    I have seen it.. But I don't remember where... But if you choose this route.. you'll have to find it before you buy the rest of the guages, so they all match in looks and colors

I would rather just get a upgraded stereo..
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

vdo makes one. just type in clock gauge on ebay
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

Dakota Digital makes a gauge that is 2 1/16th inches size that has a compass, thermometer and clock in one unit. That might work for you.

www.dakotadigital.com

-the_bear

Quote Originally Posted by wrxbeatsporsche
    Hi,

Thanks !

Autometer also makes one.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

If you still have the clock see if you like this.

Clock Install (if you have Guage Pack)
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

Quote Originally Posted by Shiju
    If you still have the clock see if you like this.

Clock Install (if you have Guage Pack)
    OMG, that is ugly as all hell Yes it's functional, but there are more ways than that to get a clock in our cars.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

I bought a remote mount radar detector that has a built in temp display like this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Mounted the display unit where the ashtray was.
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)

Having your clock and guages, too........
    Has anyone tried a clock relocation to the ashtray? Maybe the clock is too wide, I haven't taken one out to measure but, if you don't smoke, the visibility of the location seems ideal.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.