Which Dead pedal did you buy?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Which Dead pedal did you buy? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought the flat pedal with the black rubber backing and not the one with the raised bumpers. Reason... I ...

Which Dead pedal did you buy?

I bought the flat pedal with the black rubber backing and not the one with the raised bumpers.

Reason...
    I could glue it on and the entire pedal stayed uniform. (all black dots)

If I bought the raised bumper one I would have to use my stock (gray) fasteners. Then the top and bottom circles where the fasteners were would not match the other black circles. Didn't look right to me.

I would like the idea of the raised bumper model if it had bumpers on the top and bottom. But you can't glue it down like you can the flat one anyway. You have to completely remove the stock dead pedal.

I like the way mine looks.

I also notice that the bumpers on my stock gas pedal are already showing signs of wear after only 6 months. Oh well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9c_1.jpg   41_1_b.jpg  
    Last edited by Just Be; 02-18-2005 at 07:51 PM.
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so where did you get this ???
    looks pretty cool, both of them
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

I got the top one on Ebay new for $42. You can do a search and find several vendors who sell them. I think it's a nice addition to the car's interior.
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

I Support ClubWRX
    I got the one with the raised 'bumpers'. I wanted something that would still keep a wet shoe from sliding around. I'm not a fan of having to glue that other on either....
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

If you use spray adhesive it's as strong as bolting it on. Spray both sides. Wait a minute. Put them together and hope you aligned it right because there is no moving them now.

www.autospeedperformance.com - their dead pedal is the bomb - looks just like the factory pedals.
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

Autospeed

All of the dead pedals are very similar in price. Choose the one you want based on looks and functionality. I got the one from Maniac over at i-Club

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthr...d+pedal+maniac

Took about 5 seconds to install, and it looks (and functions - it's just a dead pedal for pete's sake!) great.

-C
    Chris
    '04 PSM WRX Sedan
    Blobeye Syndicate #8

i got the one that says WRX
    April 04 WRBlue Pearl MT <--"Stitch"
    Mods: Premium Package,STI short shifter and titanuim knob,Momo Airleather shift knob,Rota Formels 17's,AP Stage 2,Coolsafe Thermostat, Apexi Intake, RallyArmor mudflaps, Bosal Cat-back exhaust, Crucial Racing Down-pipe, gold painted calipers,daddy's group buy 3 52mm gagues, center pod, delphi xm radio, JVC CD reciever

I got the Maniac one (no raised bumps). I like the Autospeed version better but the price difference made the decision for me.
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

I've got the Autospeed dead pedal. Frankly, I don't notice the difference between the raised bumps and the stock hold down rivets, so it looks good to me. It's dark down there, so I don't care.

However, for the price, if I were to do it again, I'd get these instead, because easier heel-toe is always good.
    ribonucleic acid freakout

i have the OEM style one, and it just pops off with a little force. there is like 2 plastic bolts holding them in and it doesnt slide around or anything.

im very happy with mine, i love how everything matches and i got it for $10 from a local guy

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.