Gauges before stage 4

This is a discussion on Gauges before stage 4 within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a carbon defi style gauge pod. I am looking to put black gauges in. currectly thinking of egt, ...

Gauges before stage 4

I have a carbon defi style gauge pod. I am looking to put black gauges in. currectly thinking of egt, oil press and not sure what for the third one. Not sure on mfg idther. thoughts on what to do ?
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I like these
    Any 3 MC-Look Gauges OM-3PAK-MC $735.00 $535.00
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

for the third i would prolly go with boost if ya didnt have the oem one. anyways will you please, PLEEAASSEE post some pictures of the carbon fiber pod because im tryin to decide between the CF or the regular one. thanks

hey check this out

http://store.yahoo.com/twincamtech/powfanswitco.html

coolent gauge and fan operation in one

still looking at gauges. any thoughts as to what you like and why?
    2002 wagon 83k miles

Racenut3.0 - said

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    I've got Boost, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, will add Wide band O2, and Pyrometer, once the new turbo goes in.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

got boost covered. pyro i know oil pressure given. oil temp? wont you see the changes in pressure? air fuel gauge? suggested or not really needed?
    2002 wagon 83k miles

Racenut3.0 - said

id go with oil pressure
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    I have the Oil pres. in case a hose gives. I'd be nice to know that I don't have pressure/oil 10 minutes before the low oil light comes on, which will be too late as you're pulling over calling a tow truck. I'd ditch the oil temp though if they still made my gauges (Blitz BL). I was recently educated on how you can tell when you're oil is hot by looking at Oil pres. while idling.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

ok so oil and egt for sure. looking at defi gauges. any thoughts they require a box or something right? how hard is the install ?
    2002 wagon 83k miles

Racenut3.0 - said

I'd go A/F gauge. I'm not sure that Defi offers one of those, but yes you need the "box" for the Defi gauges.

Think I will go defi after reading about it more. the box logs the info for 3 min after it reads it. So I like that idea.
    2002 wagon 83k miles

Racenut3.0 - said

Quote Originally Posted by ej20fan
    I was recently educated on how you can tell when you're oil is hot by looking at Oil pres. while idling.
    Please share.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

How difficult is it to install the oil pressure gauge? I have a 05 wrx, is there a factory connector I can connect it to (since Subaru sells it as a part of the Gauge package) or do I have to install it from scratch. Thanks

i have DEFI gauges with no box, i believe you only need one for the Defi Link system correct?