Viper Alarm

This is a discussion on Viper Alarm within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is it hard to install ill post the model number when i get home. It came with instructions on what ...

Viper Alarm

Is it hard to install ill post the model number when i get home. It came with instructions on what wires go where and i know i could use a volt meter to test everything but i was wondering if anyone has installed one and has posted up the wires they tapped into. Places want like 200+ to install if it takes me two days its worth saving...

Bueller?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't think they are too hard......as long as you are comfortable with splicing and tapping into wires under your dash, etc. I've got a viper......had a shop put it in, that way if ANYTHING ever happens......they fix it.
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

Viper 671 XV 2 way LED Car Alarm System

I believe this is what i have... don't get home till late to look at the box but 99% sure. What are you paying to get yours installed on a suby?

price depends on the options that you want to add. that alarm has the possiblity to add on many other features and accessories. for a basic alarm and keyless entry install, expect to pay around $100-$130 just for labor. if you didnt buy the alarm from them, they might charge more. .let us know what options you want to have. $150 would be on the low side.
    lightly modded with a hint of audiophile

I was told that viper has a lifetime warrenty of sorts that any shop can fix it that is viper atherized. I want the top of the line with the remote that says whats going on even from 2 miles away.I was quoted $550
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    I sell the Viper 791 and Clifford 3.5 RS for $425 with Remote start and turbo timer to any forum member. Let me know if you're interested.

Where did you buy the viper alarm?? Because unless your receipt matches a store whose serial number on the alarm corresponds to, DEI will give you a one finger response on warranty claims (Hint: it've between the index and ring finger). They'll just blame the problem on your install, regardless of what went wrong, as you most likely not buy from an authorized dealer.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

interesting. i did not get mine yet I was looking. I was at gary's off ave I. Thats what they told me, I might take you up on that. what about install. as I am not doing it.
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid gti 2
    interesting. i did not get mine yet I was looking. I was at gary's off ave I. Thats what they told me, I might take you up on that. what about install. as I am not doing it.
    That's installed. $425. The only thing you've got to pay is taxes.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

when where and how long? I'm totally interested. what about the warrenty what extras are avalible for this alarm?
    2002 wagon 83k miles

Racenut3.0 - said

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    The alarm comes with Remote Start (please leave it in neutral), Turbo Timer, Keyless entry, Shock sensor, Fail-safe Starter kill, Theft Protection guarantee, etc....If you want, I added a Motion sensor (microwave Radar) to mine, $59 installed, as well as a Piezo pain generator (120dB very high pitched and painful siren in the dash) which is $39. Other than that, you can get a second remote if you want...but I wouldn't. The motion sensor and Piezo siren are definetely worth it though. If you want to see how my alarm works, I can show you tonight.

ok i will check it out tonight
    2002 wagon 83k miles

Racenut3.0 - said