Window Rail help

This is a discussion on Window Rail help within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, I've heard a lot about moving the window rail, and how it will help deeper speakers fit. I got ...

Window Rail help

Hey, I've heard a lot about moving the window rail, and how it will help deeper speakers fit. I got kicker ss series, and they're just a liiitle bit too deep. Im using 2 pieces of MDF as spacers (totaling 1 thick), and the speakers are hitting my door panels when they hit some lower frequencies. I was wondering if anyone could explain (with pics if possible) how to move the window rail.
    I'm open to any other suggestions on how to fix this problem too.
    '03 Aspen white rex

-Infinity Kappa Perfect 12D VQ running on a MTX audio 420D.
    -Kicker SS components (6.5") running on a hifonics saturn a4000
    -60 sq. ft of edead v1.2se

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think you can actually space out the bottom of the door with some spacers from iaperformance. I think it spaces the bottom of the door out about 1/2 for added clearance.
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vendeta2K
    I think you can actually space out the bottom of the door with some spacers from iaperformance. I think it spaces the bottom of the door out about 1/2 for added clearance.
    +1 for iaperformance. I used one of their kits to make my focals fit.

Dunno if you still need help or not, but I had the same problem as you. All you have to is put a few washers on that gold screw located on the side of the speaker. IIRC you put washers on the silver screw. Make sure you put the washers on from the inside of the door panel, so they are inside the door panel and not on the outside. I think 3 or 4 is the max, any more and you can't retighten the gold washer. (Sorry, It's been about a year since I did an audio install so I'm not 100% sure.)

(Note: thats not my pic, I just used it as an example.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails window.jpg  
    Last edited by 4 Banger; 02-10-2005 at 09:45 PM.
    04' STi (Silver/Silver)
    My Car

thanks a lot for telling me about the iaperformance spacer things. That sounds liek itll do the job.
    by putting washers behind that gold screw, will it increase the rear clearance as well?
    I need to get about another 1/8-1/4" if i can.
    '03 Aspen white rex

-Infinity Kappa Perfect 12D VQ running on a MTX audio 420D.
    -Kicker SS components (6.5") running on a hifonics saturn a4000
    -60 sq. ft of edead v1.2se