Subaru WRX Forum banner

tachometer wire

18K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  SD_GR 
#1 ·
can anyone help me out i need to find a wire with an rpm signel on my 05 wrx .I looked at the ecm pinouts and the 05 doesn't seem to have one at the ecm so where would be the easiest place to get one...for a hks turbo timer type -1 incase you were wondering

#3 ·
Tachometer:
Wire color: green
Signal Type: ac

Notes: On the non-turbo models the tach is in pin 10 of the 35 pin plug. On the turbo models the tach is in pin 9 of the 24 pin plug. On the STi models the tach is in pin 23 of the 34 pin plug.

The tach wire is also found behind the instrument cluster.

#4 · (Edited)
That's almost completely true. Some have a Green wire with Blue stripe. But everything else is correct. The easiest place to tap is in under the passenger carpet by the kickpanel. Good luck. You should use a node to make sure that it's the correct one.

There is a green/yellow or green/black wire there that is the speed sensing wire. make sure you don't use that, as your tach would amazingly move similar to your speedo. j/k. :rotfl:

#8 ·
Hi, I just bought

Summit Racing SUM-830449-1 - Summit Racing® RPM-Activated Switches - Overview - SummitRacing.com

RPM-Activated Switch for 2011 WRX. And i'm wondering if anybody knows where i can find tachometer signal wire.

Please help

Thanks

Andy

#9 ·
This thread already contains the answer to your question. Read below for a concise response. The tach wire's locations are posted clearly.

A turbo timer is a waste of fuel on a twin-cooled (oil/water) turbo system like ours. My alarm system has a programmable digital turbo timer, and it stated itself that EGT was already low enough whenever parked that the turbo timer should be deactivated (Zenesis ZN502AS Revision 4).

Most other alarm systems with developed timers will have similar responses, otherwise it is a waste of fuel.

If you have a two step boost control, it can be helpful for launch timing, but there are very few alarms with features like this, and an aftermarket electronic boost controller is your friend here. Zenesis is the only one I have heard of which can be integrated into OBD2 port launch programmers such as RomRaider or other Open Source methods.

#10 ·
Sorry but I am not following your answer. The tach wire location for the member's car is not posted in this thread. The member also has not asked about a turbo timer, and the post is 2 months old. Is this the right thread?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.