DIN adapter questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on DIN adapter questions within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone. I'm new here. I've done some searching but I can't seem to find some specific information in regards ...

DIN adapter questions

Hey everyone. I'm new here. I've done some searching but I can't seem to find some specific information in regards to the DIN adapters available for the WRX.

I just got an 05 wagon last week. I'm looking to replace the entire stereo. I'd like to install the same head unit (single DIN) and EQ I had in my old car. I've seen references to DIN adapters that have doors that open and pockets.

Anybody have some links to sites that sell these things? The only one I've found so far has been a universal kit sold by Crutchfield. I'd like something a little better than that.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

there is a DIN pocket with door that is black from i believe a legacy, or there is a silver DIN pocket with door from a Forester.

here's mine with a Forester pocket ($24 from the dealer):

Thanks Quack. That looks pretty nice. What year is your wagon? And what year is that kit designed for? Cardomain.com doesn't have anything for 04+ at all.

That's it? Just one person found an aftermarket install kit?

Quote Originally Posted by sdkoskey
    Thanks Quack. That looks pretty nice. What year is your wagon? And what year is that kit designed for? Cardomain.com doesn't have anything for 04+ at all.

That's it? Just one person found an aftermarket install kit?
    '04 wagon. it's not really a kit, just a part.

the 03 Forester X (SILVER like used above) model (Subaru #66128SA040)

the Legacy (BLACK) single DIN pocket (Subaru #66120AE050)

Ive got the Crutchfield one. It sucks.

Quack, thanks. I just ordered the Silver from SubaruWRXParts.com. $29 shipped. It's only for the pocket. I'm assuming the deck will install directly into the space the stock deck came from? Haven't gotten in there to see yet.

qoncept, thanks to you too. I was on the verge of ordering that Crutchfield part. You should see if you can put together a piece of trim to cover up the open spaces around the deck and pocket. Not sure how to do that, but creative minds can really come up with some good stuff. Good luck.

yep, the new HU will sit on the top as shown in the pics. you will need to drill 4 holes in the side mounting plates, for the forester pocket to fit, but it's not bad. the black pocket is a direct fit.

I'm actually going to be putting a 7" lcd in soon so I'm not worried about it now. The crutchfield thing works and it was free with my head unit, so I can't complain.

that is a new forester pocket as the older ones are just a black pocket. It requires drilling of the stock sterio side parts. atleast if you mount it up side down. mine is oposite of quack. instead of comming up it goes down and is above the radio. misses the cup holder and allows full access to radio. pocket avalible at many subaru sites.

edit for spelling
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

Anyone have a link to some instructions on how to install the DIN pocket? I've had no luck finding 'em here, on Nasioc, scoobymods, or North Ursalia.
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

Registered User TheFugitiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlarcupid
    Anyone have a link to some instructions on how to install the DIN pocket? I've had no luck finding 'em here, on Nasioc, scoobymods, or North Ursalia.
    there should be no need for instructions.... on the brakets that hold the cd player. align the DIN pocket with the facorty holes. mark the holes on the DIN and drill and use appropiate hardware. also use a razorblade to cut off the plastic nubs on the sides as they will get in the way.

good luck
    2006 Aspen White STi
    Stage 2 Open Source Road Tune
    A bunch of bushings from TiC

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitiveMind
    there should be no need for instructions.... on the brakets that hold the cd player. align the DIN pocket with the facorty holes. mark the holes on the DIN and drill and use appropiate hardware. also use a razorblade to cut off the plastic nubs on the sides as they will get in the way.

good luck
    Will do. Thanks, man.
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.