6.5 comp spkrs< $250

This is a discussion on 6.5 comp spkrs< 0 within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; can I get some suggestions for a pair of 6.5" component systems for less than 0?? I was thinking either ...

6.5 comp spkrs< $250

can I get some suggestions for a pair of 6.5" component systems
    for less than $250??

I was thinking either Alpine Type-R's
    OR
    Infinity Kappas/ Reference

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I too am will be int he market soon for some 6.5's in my new WRX. I had the References in my last car...if you hunt you can get them for 140 bucks or better, for the price they are quite good. Crystal clear upper mids (these speaks seem very well suited to female vocals). Personally i want something different though, because the tweeters sound very, very "bright" and have poor lower-mid/midbass. I was running 65w per channel RMS to them.
    I have heard good things about a brand called CDT, not very common but reasonably priced. I also plan to look into Focal (expensive, i think!), Boston Acoustics...maybe Kicker.
    Good luck.

i have the Focal 165A speakers. very good stuff!

I will keep this short and sweet....

GO WITH THE CDT'S

They are awesome speaker you can find their CL line for 150, and then get some 4" coaxs for the rear for another 50 bucks. You will not be disappointed as there is no better bang for the buck out there.

If you want to spend more go with their HD line which I've seen for $300, but could be had for less if you look around the web.
    Saab 9-2x Black; EcuTek Tuned, Maddad TBE, STi muffler, KB Shifter&Bushings,STi Suspension,Silencer Delete, K&N, SSR Comps w/ BFG KDW's, JDM STi Intercooler, Noltec Alignment Plates, 20MM RSB, blah, blah, blah

i found a guy through some car audio forums who can be reached via AIM at djdilliodon who is an authorized CDT dealer and he has some awesome prices on them. if you need further contact info i can get it for you. he's also an authorized dealer for alpine, and i'm not sure what else but his prices are great. he also has a really good reputation on places like caraudioforum.com and elitecaraudio.com
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Question

What is the mounting depth in the doors of our cars, and if you have a spacer, how much re-figuring of the door panel did you/your shop have to do in order to get the speakers in there?
    I will prob be getting those CDT's soon, perhaps the CL line as I am on a budget and I am figuring on my entire install costing around $400+ (easy) already.