Am I crazy??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Am I crazy?? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I didn't go to bed last night, I was up late with a friend having a long talk, and I ...

Am I crazy??

I didn't go to bed last night, I was up late with a friend having a long talk, and I decided it was pointless to sleep.......so I tapped it..........or at least thats where you were hoping this story went. I mean if it did, I could only see it being relevant to "cockpit and cabin" if they were the location

Blah blah, ya so I decided to finish the rear end of my car with Raammat and ensolite. I started at 7am and finished at 5pm. I spent a good two hours just trying to remember where all the pieces belonged.....and of course I had leftovers

I still have a little bit to do in the trunk, and cover the trunk in closed cell foam also. Then this week I plan to pull the front seats etc out and do the floor, then doors.

I got everything back in and took it for a spin, it was much much quieter in the rear of the car. Of course the front still hasn't been done, neither have the doors, and the headliner is not in.......so those things are making some road noise, but the rear is a lot quieter, I mean I only went slightly crazy with the stuff. All I know is, with the walbro fuel pump, I cant even here it prepping on startup.

You can also see I had some alpine speakers put into the rear deck. I still need to hook them up though. Im just gonna wait till I pick up the new headunit, sub and amp, then do it. I also have to make cutouts in the rear deck cover for the speakers. Should be nice when it's done, 9 speakers in the car haha.

Def a worthwhile mod IMO, so what if I gain an extra 70-100lbs, I'll just add more power

Here are some pics to show my insanity.
    Last edited by DEADPOOL; 02-19-2006 at 02:37 PM.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How do you change the fuel pump, cut open the matting?
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Quote Originally Posted by SERacing
    How do you change the fuel pump, cut open the matting?
    Im already running a Walbro pump, so need to swap it. But ya, if I needed to, I could just tear it off, would be a PITA but oh well. Thats why I made sure to change it before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by DEADPOOL
    so what if I gain an extra 70-100lbs, I'll just add more power
    Yes that might work on the straights, but not in the corners
    But so what we all have diffrent goals for our cars.. If keeping the car silent is important, than go for it As loong as you don't stay stock it's ok by me
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Roffa
    Yes that might work on the straights, but not in the corners
    But so what we all have diffrent goals for our cars.. If keeping the car silent is important, than go for it As loong as you don't stay stock it's ok by me
    It's like having a small kid for a co-driver heh. Right now im prolly around 290whp based on my trap speed, gotta throw it on the dyno soon. Im gonna push it to around 400whp and leave it there.

considering the weight is going to be distributed pretty much equally throughout the cabin I doubt it will make too much of a difference.

I plan on doing this when I get my car back, road noise is starting to get to me.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.