CG CLIP works great!

This is a discussion on CG CLIP works great! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got my CG LOCK and it's everything they say it is. If you don't know, they are a ...

CG LOCK works great!

I just got my CG LOCK and it's everything they say it is.

If you don't know, they are a restraint device that clips onto your seatbelt to really sinch you in for the twisties. Do a search for photos.

I bought it from the manufacturer and I'm glad I did. John in customer service is going the extra mile for me. They sent me the (curved) clamp and not the straight one shown in most photos and on thier site. I didn't know there was a difference.

The curved one doesn't seem to fit snug enough on our WRX's seat belts, but I'm using it until the other (straight version) arrives.

He is sending me the straight one and letting me try them both without buying the second one. He's not even charging me and sending it DHL 2nd day delivery. Of course I'll send back the other ASAP. Service like this has to be rewarded with the utmost honesty. Most companies will just say to send the old one back for credit and then we'll ship the new one in our own sweet time and you have to pay to ship it both ways again.

I highly recommend the product and buying it from them directly should you have a problem.
    Last edited by Just Be; 02-01-2005 at 04:38 PM.
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

+1 for the CG and +2 on the customer service. John also sent me extra parts when I had problems. I found that the best combination is a curved main piece and a medium curved clamp. If either of the parts is flat it seems to slip off too easily. Apart from that it is brilliant; I love feeling snugged down in my seat and not worrying about sliding around.

Find them at http://www.cg-lock.com/

I was checking those out the other day, great product cant wait to order one

I found that the best fit for my '05 WRX was the flat or straight clamp (upper and lower). The curved one doesn't make enough contact for a proper fit. If you are going to order one they will automatically ship the curved one unless you ask for the flat which I would recommend for '05's.

"perfusionista" stated above, that the curved clamp works best for his '02. Maybe Subaru changed the seat belt on the '03+? All I know is that the curved clamp kept slipping off of my '05.

At least you know that customer service will take good care of you should you have a problem.
    Last edited by Just Be; 02-01-2005 at 04:35 PM.
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.