Valentine Radar Hard-Wiring (alternate method)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Valentine Radar Hard-Wiring (alternate method) within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Here is an alternate method for hardwiring a Valentine radar detector. I simply removed the plastic piece (only the section ...

Lightbulb Valentine Radar Hard-Wiring (alternate method)

Here is an alternate method for hardwiring a Valentine radar detector.

I simply removed the plastic piece (only the section that pivots) which is between the two sun visors. I simply tie-wrapped it along with some velcro.

The advatages are that you virtually do not see any cord, the radar will not get in the way of a sun shade (that you may use) , no suction cups, and it is nearly invisible from the outside looking in if you have a strip of tint.

Here are some pictures. If you have any question, feel free to email me.

Raj.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Pic 2/7
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg  

Pic 3/7
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3.jpg  

Pic 4/7
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.jpg  

Pic 5/7
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5.jpg  

Pic 6/7
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6.jpg  

Pic 7/7
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7.jpg  

Looks good, but the only thing I don't like is that your sensor on the front might be blocked by the mirror support. I will have to look at mine and see where it goes, but I did mine with the suction cups (they've stayed on for 5 months straight now with no problems). I stuffed ALL the wire into the roof liner, so it is probably an even cleaner install.

Jay

The mirror post does not affect the radar. I tested this with a fixed radar unit (the kind that cops leave on the side of the road.) In fact, you can leave the Valentine on the floor of your car, plugged in, and it will detect the radar (ofcourse, THIS affects sensitivity). The unit is quite amazing.

I have had problems with the suction cups falling off after 6 months in the Florida heat as it loses it's elasticity. Besides, I prefer an eighth of an inch of phone cord to the big suction cups.

Valentine one

Last edited by xrmatrix; 03-08-2004 at 04:01 PM.

Re: Valentine one

Originally posted by xrmatrix
    Hi, take a look at this website where you can get a Valentine 1 radar detector for $55. Read the information on the site to learn how it works. http://www.100dollarlaptops.com/V1.htm
    go away.
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

Re: Valentine one

Originally posted by xrmatrix
    Hi, take a look at this website where you can get a Valentine 1 radar detector for $55. Read the information on the site to learn how it works. http://www.100dollarlaptops.com/V1.htm
    Awesome first post. I hope not too many people fall for a scam like that.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.