What gauges should I get?

This is a discussion on What gauges should I get? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Alright, it's time for me to get gauges for my car, but I really don't know what to get. For ...

What gauges should I get?

Alright, it's time for me to get gauges for my car, but I really don't know what to get. For now I want to get three, and I'd like them mounted in th center (where the clock is). I know I boost, water temp, and oil pressure and I'd like needle gauges. What brand/type would be the most bang for my buck (I'm on a budget ) Thanks!

Also, if you guys know of any good sites with good prices so I can start looking around for other stuff!
    Last edited by SilverBullet05; 01-23-2005 at 03:11 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well if you want some good gauges most people on here will say DEFI, but if your on a budget then those are probably not for you.. i would go with boost gauge, oil and EGT.
    Last edited by XxScoobYxX; 01-23-2005 at 08:07 PM.

tire pressure gauges are cheap

anyways, autometers are affordable and decent.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

Thanks for the help!

defi, I wouldn't put the greddy gauges in my car again if they were free.

autometer if you are on a tight budget. Omoris and Defis if you can afford them. There are a lot of cheap ones out there so be careful on your selection. Use the ones that have been proven. Not some of the new ones that looks cool but delivers incorrect readings.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxinfx
    autometer if you are on a tight budget. Omoris and Defis if you can afford them. There are a lot of cheap ones out there so be careful on your selection. Use the ones that have been proven. Not some of the new ones that looks cool but delivers incorrect readings.
    Ditto. The gauge is useless....read a complete waste of money....if it doesn't read properly. It defeats the purpose of having it.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    dont know if your going to use a defi center gauge pod or another brand, but if your getting one that can hold 60mm gauges, we have a set of BLITZ BLM gauges - boost/egt/temp for sale, i can sell these cheaper because I promist they are brand new, but taken out of the box and used in one of our cars for a last min. photo shoot, they were put in and look like it worked but we just stuck the gauges in, none of the wires or sensors are used, have everything including the box, i cna post a pick of the guages to show it has nothing but finger print smudges

these are what the look like off the blitz website http://www.blitz-na.com/Blitz_RMeter_Blm.htm

i can sell all 3 to you for $445.25 plus shipping, know thats not as cheap as Auto Meter, but these gauges are not cheap as you can see the prices that are on the link

also have blitz SBC-ID and Power Meter ID in silver which was the same story as the gauges
    SIX Autoworks ph. 626-820-0212
    Danny C. E-Mail: danny@sixautoworks.com AIM: SIX Autoworks
    16518 E. Gale Ave.
    City of Industry, CA 91745
    Mon. - Fri. 10am - 7pm PST Sat. 12pm - 4pm PST
    We accept Visa/Mastercard/American Express/Discover and other payments.

VR4
    plz dont get an autometer... i got a autometer for my vr4 a while ago and it read 12psi for about 6 months until the trim fell apart on the inside. Then I bought a defi gauge installed it and to my surprise I was running 15psi(with nothing else changed). After that I will never trust autometer's.
    Helix UP/TBE, ECUTEK
    230whp / 225 wtq

2005 Yamaha R1 Raven Black

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    ya, defi is the sh*t, but everyone always complains about the price of japanese gauges
    16518 E. Gale Ave.

Bil
    Right On...defi Is The Way To Go. Start Saving....

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    we have the DEFI D gauges instock, check out or vendor page - Stuff SIX has for sale!!!

its not a link system, but its a more cost efficient Defi gauge

check out - http://www.defi-shop.com/ for defi website
    16518 E. Gale Ave.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Agreed. If I could do it again, I'd buy Defi's. I have Blitz BL's (discontinued) for a stock look, but swear by the defi's.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.