help with gauge coloring!

This is a discussion on help with gauge coloring! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; OK, so im in the market for some nice gauges and im tryin to find out what will make my ...

help with gauge coloring!

OK, so im in the market for some nice gauges and im tryin to find out what will make my '02 gauges match a set. Im mostly lookin at Defi BFs all red or white with red needles. What can i do for my gauge cluster to match perfectly? Lookin for ppl with experience on this. Thanks for you help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking but maybe this will help you...

Tutorial on changing instrument panel color.

pretty much im looking for a way to change the gauge cluster either by changing the bulb condoms or maybe a gauge overlay so that i will be able to match aftermarket gauges. im almost set on the red to match some defi's but im wonderin if it will match nicely? anyone have experience with that? thanks

Did you click on the link? It gives a pretty detailed explanation of changing them to red...or whatever color that you choose. The problem with just putting bulb condoms on is that the green overlay is basically a complementary color to red which produces a brownish color. I mean I lived with it like that for a while but it's night and day when you scrape off the green film. Also if you go blue, usually it tends to be aqua instead of bright blue.

However, as you can see from the warning at the top of that thread, it's a VERY tricky procedure. It's quite easy to screw up something. The needles are a bit tricky to get reseated. And trust me, you will unseat them. Honestly, if you have the money, go for the v8 STi cluster.

For everything else (HVAC, stereo, clock) bulb condoms or a sharpie work awesome. And if I were you, I would just try the condoms on the instruments just to check it out because it only takes a few minutes to do that.

Good luck
    Shane