Fraying of seat
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Fraying of seat within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; has anyone noticed some fraying of the seats at a rather early time in the wrx's life? My drivers seat ...

Fraying of seat

has anyone noticed some fraying of the seats at a rather early time in the wrx's life? My drivers seat is and has been fraying for about 2,000 miles now, I am at 8000 miles and i think thats kind of premature for fraying of the seat. Im tempted to take to dealer.. thanks guys.

Jason

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Driver's side seat cover replaced under warranty.

Mine frayed right about where my checkbook sits in my rear pocket. Checkbook no longer resides in rear pocket.

yup, exact same spot.. welp.. looks like i'll be heading to the dealer tomorro, Stupid wallet.. mine wont be there anymore either...

Thanks

Well, i took the car in, and my dealer said that my seat fraying is not due to the seats malfunction.. bla bla bla.. =) so i asked to speak to a service manager and he is supposed to be in monday. I better get a new seat.. it looks horrible..

I have the same problem...maybe I'll take it in to my dealer and see what THEY say...

-Jason-
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

Originally posted by jmussetter
    I have the same problem...maybe I'll take it in to my dealer and see what THEY say...

-Jason-
    much more comfortable to drive with no wallet buldge also
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

same exact thing started in mine @ around 5k miles. Really bugs me

this is the second car I've owned that this has happened within the first 5,000 miles. I've narrowed this down to either the wallet in the back pocket or the khaki pants with the velcro on the pockets.
    -Jim
    2002 Aspen White WRX Wagon

thats why i get in carefully each time
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

I think I'm going to look into wetokole seatcovers... Neat stuff! And I won't feel guilty about jumpin gin the WReX after a nice long jog...
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

They are "supposed" to take care of it this week, i had a family emergency and need my car to be with me all week incase i needed to leave. So, hopefully i will have the seat issue resolved by the end of this week.

*then i can put my MBC on*

Originally posted by is2scooby
    I think I'm going to look into wetokole seatcovers... Neat stuff! And I won't feel guilty about jumpin gin the WReX after a nice long jog...
    I saw their site but they didn't have pricing info.
    If you get a price out of them, can you let me know?
    I'd be interested in getting their covers for the fronts as long as they can make something that matches fairly close to the stock interior colors.
    FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!

They can definitely match the fronts, and they are AWESOME (I have had 3 sets of the custom-fit wet okoles) but they are pricy. The last set I purchased was for my '94 Mustang GT in 2000 and they were ~$250.00 if I remember correctly.

Great stuff though!

P.S. In case you didn't know "okole" in Hawaiian = rump/posterior/booty/tush...
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator

Can anyone provide a "wet okole" link? sounds kinda interesting.

In the meantime, my seat is wearing on the upper side bolster where I rub every time I get into the car. It hasn't started fraying yet, but it's looking like crap. You'd think they'd use some nice durable fabric....

(oh wait....profit margins )
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.