Rigging up mp3 player to dash

This is a discussion on Rigging up mp3 player to dash within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I already have the wires to hook up my mp3 player (a Rio Carbon) to my kenwood unit but I ...

Rigging up mp3 player to dash

I already have the wires to hook up my mp3 player (a Rio Carbon) to my kenwood unit but I would like to check out some creative ways to mount the mp3 player in my interior. I obviously want to be able to take the player in and out, but want a place to mount it that looks good. I'm thinking maybe to the left of the cup tray or down by the ashtray. I was wondering what people have used to mount things like turbo timers, phones, anything else near the cupholder or anywhere else.
    Sorry, this managed to be longer than I thought, I attached some pics, the thing is very very slim and maybe 3.5 inches tall.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carbonfront.jpg   carbontop.jpg   carbonside.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    I recommend a clip that is mounted to the left of the cupholder. I've mounted iPods there and it seems a good place, as there are not many other options.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

What kind of clip do you mean?? I guess what I'm saying is, where can I get one?

what kinda wires are you using to hook it up to a kenwood? I've been looking for ways to hook the iPod up to mine but all i've found is Alpine stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ej20fan
    I recommend a clip that is mounted to the left of the cupholder. I've mounted iPods there and it seems a good place, as there are not many other options.
    Do you have any pics of this? i'm looking for something to do with my Ipod.
    autobahn storming scooby

Quote Originally Posted by blackshadow
    Do you have any pics of this? i'm looking for something to do with my Ipod.
    You can try something like this.
    For a vent clip, check out the CM160-W - 360 Swivel Vent Mount Kit for iPod

- Note, I haven't used these products or purchased from these companies, I was just bored at work.
    2005 WRB Pearl WRX
    RIP - 12/21/04 - 2004 Nissan Spec-V