Some mf violated my Rex last night!!!

This is a discussion on Some mf violated my Rex last night!!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Thats right, parked on a side street in greater San Diego... I went out to my car this morning and ...

Some mf violated my Rex last night!!!

Thats right, parked on a side street in greater San Diego... I went out to my car this morning and all my stereo stuff had been ripped out. They went through all my cds, but I guess my music wasn't exactly their style since they only took a couple cds. Took my favorite pair of sunglasses too, motherf****ers.

Anyway, I'm posting in this forum because I am now in the market for an alarm system. I am looking at the Clifford RSX3.5 or the Compustar 2WSS-AS. If anybody has any experience with ease of use, best accessories for each system, ease of installation, and in particular how easy it is to get the remote starter working with a 2002 5MT *safely* (ie no lauching the car though my garage door).

I could also use some help from people with car stereo equipment who have been down this path before. My insurance company will only pay out for stereo stuff that I have receipts for. A lot of my stuff was pretty old and I've moved so damn much since then that I'll be damned if I know where the receipts are. Am I just plain screwed? Anybody have any ideas out there?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would get the compustar, but not the spread spectrum unit. The lesser one will have a smaller remote, and is more reliable. Your car has a neutral safety switch, which is tied into the alarm so it will not start when it is in a gear.