2005 Gauge cluster color

This is a discussion on 2005 Gauge cluster color within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just wanted to check in on this situation. Are there still no ways of getting rid of the green gauge ...

VR4

2005 Gauge cluster color

Just wanted to check in on this situation. Are there still no ways of getting rid of the green gauge cluster? for 04-05 wrx's
    Helix UP/TBE, ECUTEK
    230whp / 225 wtq

2005 Yamaha R1 Raven Black

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you could possibly swap in sti guages, but im sure the sti guages have a higher redline/top speed, so it would be inaccurate.
    2005 PSM WRX

Why would the higher top speed and red line make it less accurate? That makes no sense at all. It would just mean you have to remember you are not 8k redline.

Yeah, you can probably buy some cheap reverse thing but get the STi cluster! Both the WRX and STi has a 7,000 RPM redline (U.S.). It's pricey though.
    2002 WRX COBB Stage 2.5

2003 Infiniti FX45

Quote Originally Posted by slothy2020
    Why would the higher top speed and red line make it less accurate? That makes no sense at all. It would just mean you have to remember you are not 8k redline.
    ok, accurate was not the best word for it, but i see what you mean. i meant that that it would work for what the guage reads...but the differnent numbers on the guage cluster. and sti guage would have different number from a regular wrx guage..making them not the same, or less accurate from the stock..
    2005 PSM WRX

This is what you need to look for...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

You can get the odometer set to match your mileage from here...

http://www.tacomaspeedometer.com/

It only costs $65. Do a search on STi cluster swap and you'll see how easy it is to swap out.

Your only other option is to take apart your currect cluster and scrape the green film off the back of the gauges then replace the bulbs or put red bulb covers over the existing ones. This is very tedious and time consuming. Good luck.
    '02 WRX/STi

If you have the cash then I would say get an STi cluster. If not then do what I did...

Tutorial on changing instrument panel color.

Be very careful if you open up your gauge cluster. I'm stubborn and I like to think I do things the right way, and me and a buddy have both ruined a gauge cluster scraping the film off. I've got a good bit of confidence in myself when working on the car, and this is something I wouldn't touch again.

I think wonderful, unpure thoughts about the STi cluster I got to replace it though. ::]

Quote Originally Posted by qoncept
    Be very careful if you open up your gauge cluster. I'm stubborn and I like to think I do things the right way, and me and a buddy have both ruined a gauge cluster scraping the film off. I've got a good bit of confidence in myself when working on the car, and this is something I wouldn't touch again.

I think wonderful, unpure thoughts about the STi cluster I got to replace it though. ::]
    That's why I have a huge warning at the top of my tutorial thread. What exactly did you mess up, if you don't mind me asking.

Quote Originally Posted by zoinks
    That's why I have a huge warning at the top of my tutorial thread. What exactly did you mess up, if you don't mind me asking.
    Those little plastic rings that clip the gauge faces on? They get pulled up if you're not supercareful, and get stuck in the needle making it stick in places. I pulled the needles off trying to fix that and it was all downhill from there.