good momo knob install?

This is a discussion on good momo knob install? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i've heard of and seen the rubberband on the boot trick to keep up the momo air leather knob, but ...

good momo knob install?

i've heard of and seen the rubberband on the boot trick to keep up the momo air leather knob, but is there any way to keep the silver part on the bottom showing AND keep the boot held up? i havn't checked yet but i was wondering if u could cut off the bottom part off the stock knob and somehow fix it on the momo knob. anyone know a good way to install this knob? (i don't like the looks of the subaru-specific knob so i don't have the threads)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

gfx
    You could always use double sided tape. It sticks very well and you can hide it easily.

I think the MOMO shift knobs look better without that silver piece at the bottom, though.
    2003 5MT WRB WRX Sedan
    -
    Cobb stage 2.5 w/ VF30, Stoptech BBK, JDM STI front/rear seats, Mattjk LCD setup, JDM headlights w/ McColluch 6000k HIDs, GReddy EVO, 17x8" Gold Rota Torques, Eibach Pro-kit
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/gfxwrx

My car shots taken with my Canon 300D dSLR

I just installed my Momo Race Airleather knob in my WRX and the boot stays flush at the top against it. Are the boots different for the '05? Do you have that little plastic retaining ring in your boot? What about a few drops of epoxy or something on that to "attach" it to the bottom piece of the Momo?
    2005 WRB Pearl WRX
    RIP - 12/21/04 - 2004 Nissan Spec-V

There is a guy on nasioc that makes an adaptor for the universal fit momo shifter knobs. It costs like $30 (iirc) and it fits like stock. Awesome fit and great product. I don't have a digital camera, so I can't show you what it looks like installed. It's just a plastic piece that screws onto the shifter and the knob fits over it. The shift boot attaches to it, but doesn't cover the metal piece. I can't remember the guy's screen name. If you search under "shift knob adaptor" you might find it.

im gonna go check it out, thanks.

what now!!!!!!! as simple as unscrewing the stock one and screwing this one on and it looks SICK
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WRX-knob3.jpg   1.JPG  
    Last edited by 2!sMoOvE!; 01-14-2005 at 04:39 PM.
    <--------- Custom Shift Knob saweeeeeety!

2004 SUBARU WRX SEDAN **** FOR SALE ****

my momo will eat that thing alive

it looks like a ***** of some sort

jk man