STi seats in 02 wrx? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on STi seats in 02 wrx? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; what about '04 usdm? thanks...

what about '04 usdm? thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

those seats look sweet
    www.kiowapilots.com

i would go with the V7 JDM sti seats also, my friend has them and i love em...i also sat in the USDM V8 seats and the V7 are much nicer.

I think it all depends on your size. If you are skinny, yeah, the JDM version 7 seats will be better. If you are bigger, like I am, the USDM version 8 seats are perfect. Plus I have the height adjustment on the correct side and I have side air bags which help reduce insurance costs, not to mention the safety factor if you are t-boned by someone. Just my 2 cents.
    '02 WRX/STi

Quote Originally Posted by aem421
    I think it all depends on your size. If you are skinny, yeah, the JDM version 7 seats will be better. If you are bigger, like I am, the USDM version 8 seats are perfect. Plus I have the height adjustment on the correct side and I have side air bags which help reduce insurance costs, not to mention the safety factor if you are t-boned by someone. Just my 2 cents.
    Well, not to sound argumentative, but the height adjustment is easily swapped over to the correct side if you use WRX seat rails (20 minute job).

Also, no insurance company in the world is going to know the difference between the two seats, nor will they check, so it's not going to be any different. Do you think your insurance company will give you a discount if you get a stoptech BBK and a roll cage put in?

Safety factor may be there, but if you're using a superior seat you'll have more control of the car, and therefore will avoid more accidents

~Tim

Quote Originally Posted by turbotrey03
    what about '04 usdm? thanks

no they dont
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

True...nobody is going to know anything unless you get in an accident. Then when they come out to investigate, that's when you might have a problem. Also, you have no control on other people running into you. I'd rather have the safety feature than take it out. Plus, switching out the seat rails is fine. Only problem is, what are you going to do with WRX seats sittin on JDM rails. Probably have a tough time sellin those. Anyway, hope this gives Redline927 some ideas since he's the one who asked the question. Good luck
    '02 WRX/STi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.