How to access wires

This is a discussion on How to access wires within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am wondering if anyone has a good method of getting to wires in their WRX. I am installing a ...

How to access wires

I am wondering if anyone has a good method of getting to wires in their WRX. I am installing a turbo timer, so I went underneath my steering wheel to get to all the wires, but even though I can see them, they are almost completely inaccessable from down there. I'm also installing a push-botton starter and I know exactly which wires I need and I can SEE them underneath the steering wheel, but I can't physically get to them.

If anyone has any good methods I'd appreciate it. Thanks
    Brandon
    '11 WRX 5-Door, Dark Gray Metallic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Remove the bottom dash trim... these are instructions from a 01 RS radar install, but they show you how to free up your path to the fuse box.

http://www.ravensblade-impreza.com/m...dar/radar.html

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

Thanks for that link, there's good information there. I had tried pulling down that dash piece to get to the wires, but I still couldn't get to all the ones I needed to.

Any other ideas out there? I think I read something about getting to wires underneath the passenger floor panel... does this sound right at all? What about anywhere in the engine bay, like underneath the fuse box or something like that?

Thanks
    Brandon

Ah - ok. As for where the ECU is... there's 'removal' instructions on cobbs website (or there used to be) it's just a few carpet screws...but I can't see how that'd be a place which would be helpful.

I'll step out here since it's beyond my area of expertise and surely someone more qualified can provide you the info you are seeking!

Good luck.

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

OK thank you for trying!

Anyone else have any ideas?
    Brandon