Simple front speakers wanted?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Simple front speakers wanted? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What can I get to replace the front speakers in my 04 WRX that is.. simple I guess is what ...

Question Simple front speakers wanted?

What can I get to replace the front speakers in my 04 WRX that is.. simple I guess is what I'm looking for. I want something to put in that will improve my sound quality coming from the fronts as they don't seem to get much louder when I turn the volume up. I also want something that sounds better which I know most anything will. 6.5's is what I was thinking with the adapter brackets that are out there. I'm assuming I allready have a tweeter in the upper door so would I really need components? Any ways I am open to suggestions on what I should use in there and keep in mind I'll do the work myself. I was thinking around 100 bucks for the speakers so gimme some options. Thanks as allways guys and gals.

JasonG

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First, you don't necessarily have to go with a component set. The stock tweeters are actually pretty good. You can opt to keep those (becuase they come with a filter capacitor on them) and get yourself a set of good mid-bass or coaxial 6.5" speakers.

Rockford Fosgate makes a Fanatic P component set for around $75 that is ok quality. The 6.5" speakers are lacking bass though. The 6.5" speaker will work with IA's door spacers and the tweeter will sit nicely in the place of the stock one.

I opted for a set of Infinity Kappa coaxial 6.5" and Kappa tweeters up front after hearing how great they sounded. Some will argue that Infinity is not so high-end, but it until you hear the Kappa line for yourself I would not form any opinions.

Whatever you choose, go for speakers that take no more than 70-90W RMS. A speaker that can take allot of power will require you to turn your radio up and may overload the amp in it.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.