Double din navigation head unit - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Double din navigation head unit within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; You are right about the satellite radio but if you must have both I had an XM commander unit installed ...

You are right about the satellite radio but if you must have both I had an XM commander unit installed where the ash tray was, I don't smoke so the ash tray just held crap like change. It's one alternative. There are pictures of it on this thread.
    http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuk...wtopic&t=18220

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is the XM a direct wire or is it through FM Modulator, nice install btw. I wish I had waited for an 05 jsut for the interior alone.

Quote Originally Posted by TSwenson
    You are right about the satellite radio but if you must have both I had an XM commander unit installed where the ash tray was, I don't smoke so the ash tray just held crap like change. It's one alternative. There are pictures of it on this thread.
    http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuk...wtopic&t=18220
    Nice setup! Looks sweet!

So does the screen on the AVN2454 flip over or come off at all for theft deterence?
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

I emailed Pioneer and they said a unit is coming in March 2005 and a press release should be out soon. I found a review of the AVIC-N2 and in the review it said that the double-din version is the AVID-D1. I searched for that and found a few press release type reviews. Both new units will have XM NavTraffic available with an XM subscription bundled at $13.99. The reviews also indicate that both have DVD playback capabilities.

Here is the press release from PioneerUsa.com:
    http://www.pioneerusa.com/pna/press/...756434,00.html
    Last edited by Darrell; 01-08-2005 at 12:00 PM.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

I just installed my AVIC-D1! Awesome, but still can't seem to locate the speed sensor wire!

Just did a search and the speed sensor wire for 05 STi is pin #26 green/yellow wire on connector #35, I was using 04 diagram which the speed sensor wire is pin #27. Everything working great now!

i actually have the Kenwood DDX-6017. they never made it her ein the US. there is only about 3 in the states. i have one of themm ...

sorry for the big picture

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Super Autobacs in the O.C. has six, Sound Waves in Canoga park has 2.... Someone is lying to you. It's a re-bundled 7015, without the excelon badge or warranty. But you are right that it is a JDM piece not sold in the U.S., or rather distributed by kenwood.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.