Wondering if new deck will = loss of power
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Wondering if new deck will = loss of power within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm planning on getting the Alpine CDA-9835 and it's supposed to take a lot of juice. Because of it's built-in ...

Wondering if new deck will = loss of power

I'm planning on getting the Alpine CDA-9835 and it's supposed to take a lot of juice. Because of it's built-in amp it needs to be wired directly to the battery. Will a powerful sound system lead to a noticable decrease in acceleration and such?

thanks,
    Daniel

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The 9835 is rated @ 26x4 watts. Which is very modderate . you wont have to wire the deck directly to the batt.
    Last edited by ScoobVee; 01-06-2005 at 02:13 AM.

That deck requires a power cable run to the bat directly. I would sugest listening to the instructions. The wireing harneses in cars were not ment for a heavy amp draw. While that wattage does not sound like alot, that deck will clip if you dont feed it enough juice. You also run the risk melting the wireing harness.

And no you wont slow your car down, lol.

The 300 pounds of subs will, if thats what you choise to do
    Will #1
    LISC #2

Quote Originally Posted by Cheveyboy
    The 300 pounds of subs will, if thats what you choise to do

been there, done that!
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

yeah definitely wire it directly to the battery with a heavier gauge wire and an amp in line. i doubt the deck alone will dim your lights, but that is the only effect a system your car would ever have. you're probably going to need to be pushing a lot more wattage before that happens though.
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

you mean a fuse in line not amp in line
    Will #1
    LISC #2

Thanks for all the responses guys!

I wanna get the Alpine v12 301 amp to power my one infinity perfect 12" sub and the Alpine v12 540 to power my speakers. I'm getting the infinity perfect components for the front and some cheap 5 1/4" infinities in the back. Sound like a good setup? What are some popular places to mount the amps and my one sub?

Appreciate it,
    Daniel

yes, a fuse in line not an amp

prspect--you should contact djdilliodon on AIM to talk to him about your options. he is an authorized dealer for a lot of great companies including alpine, and he might be able to help you find the best setup for your budget. i havent ordered anything from him yet but he has taken the time to discuss my options with me. he has better prices than any other authorized dealers too . his email is islandsound1@yahoo.com . i dont work for him or even know him personally, but he is just reputable on the car audio forums i've seen and seems like a good guy.
    i was looking at infinity at first also, but found a lot of other choices from lesser known companies that are considerably better and considerably cheaper as well.
    bryan
    Last edited by Wrinkleboi; 01-06-2005 at 12:46 PM.

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.