Will Stock STI seats fit in an 04 WRX?

This is a discussion on Will Stock STI seats fit in an 04 WRX? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; How easy would it be to swap out my stock 04 WRX front seats for a pair of stock STI ...

Will Stock STI seats fit in an 04 WRX?

How easy would it be to swap out my stock 04 WRX front seats for a pair of stock STI seats? Any idea?

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Stock USDM STi seats? Aren't they exactly the same seat but with a different cover?
    <Ryan>
    '00 Silverthorn Metallic 2.5 RS
    '04 San Remo Red WRX Wagon

Get outta here... is it that simple? Could be, I never thought of that... I have ridden in a USDM STI and the seats seemed to feel firmer than my WRX seats. hmmmm...

I'm pretty sure they're the same, but even if they're not they should just bolt right in without any modification
    Here is a link detailing the swap http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...=&threadid=134
    Last edited by mourning_air; 01-05-2005 at 02:07 PM.
    <Ryan>
    '00 Silverthorn Metallic 2.5 RS
    '04 San Remo Red WRX Wagon

Awesome, I think you're right. Thanks

yea i believe the 04 seats are the same as the sti just different covers....so if you really want the black and blue just get the covers
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Anyone here done that, I mean, just gotten the covers? and from where? I wonder if Subaru sells them...

I Support ClubWRX
    I work with a guy who has a 04 STi. The seats seem to be identical to my 04 WRX, except for the (much nicer) covering. I have ridden in the STi many times and have driven it a few times too.

Just for the heck of it, I called the dealership to find out if they sold STI covers as a separate part. They do, and they're $404 for each front seat!!

The guy was really cool about it, and basically said it's a pretty involved process to remove and replace them. He was speaking from experience because the dealership just had an 05 STI get broken into on thier lot last month, and both front seats and the rear seat were stolen, and the dealer had to replace them by buying all the parts separate (covers, seat warmers, rails, headrests, etc...) and he said it came to over $4000 for all three seats and their parts. Just imagine those a$$es taking all that time to pry the seats out of the car and then running off with them. I wonder if they practiced at home like a couple of Nascar pit crew guys doing a test run.

There goes that idea. The search for STI seats continues...