Mounting of video game console?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mounting of video game console? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I finally got my tv hooked up. I have spare RCA cables (video and audio) that I ran under the ...

Mounting of video game console?

I finally got my tv hooked up. I have spare RCA cables (video and audio) that I ran under the passenger front seat, however when I hook up a console there's wires everywhere. Has anyone done a clean install for a console where there's no real visible wires running except obviously for the controller? Pics? Suggestions? Thanks a bunch.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

did you buy your car to drive it or to play games in it???
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Quote Originally Posted by rallymaniac
    did you buy your car to drive it or to play games in it???
    Don't tell me what to do with my car, I don't tell you how to be a jackass. It's for early mornings instead of sitting in my car waiting for the bus to come because it's cold outside, I can keep myself entertained.

I've seen a PS2 mounted in the glove box.....looked clean
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fliggil
    Don't tell me what to do with my car, I don't tell you how to be a jackass. It's for early mornings instead of sitting in my car waiting for the bus to come because it's cold outside, I can keep myself entertained.
    You're waiting in your car for a bus??? Do you drive your car at all ??
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Quote Originally Posted by Vendeta2K
    I've seen a PS2 mounted in the glove box.....looked clean
    Only problem for me there is that I'm using old Nintendo and Super Nintendo which are too bulky to fit in there.

Quote Originally Posted by rallymaniac
    You're waiting in your car for a bus??? Do you drive your car at all ??
    I drive to my college campus and have to park about 2 1/2 miles from where my classes are because our transportation system stinks, and thus I take a bus from the parking lot to my classes, because you would walk that far when its 30 degrees out at 9 in the morning? Why don't you get a freaking life I didn't ask anyone to come into my thread and act like a piece of ****.

at least i'm not getting paranoid and offensive. Good luck with your arcade car,
    ... oh and if i had to wait for some stupid bus at school, i'd change school
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

back on topic.. Where do you have the game console mounted. I have xbox under the seat and i ran the wires inside the center console.

rallymaniac, stop posting, if you dont like what he is doing, dont reply, simple as that...

Quote Originally Posted by killabee
    back on topic.. Where do you have the game console mounted. I have xbox under the seat and i ran the wires inside the center console.
    Interesting, what about the power source? Did you hard wire a power inverter? I'd go under seat for long rides with passengers, or when I'm showing it off, otherwise I use the NES in the house so I want it to be easy enough to just remove a few plugs, but I can easily get an extra NES power adapter to keep in the car. Do you have any pics?

My power inverter isnt hard wired in yet.. but i have that uner my seat and the xbox is under the passenger seat. It is pretty easy to take out when you want to bring it in the house. just need extra wires. Sorry no pics of it right now. Maybe I can hook you up tomorrow.

Sounds good, are you planning to hardwire the inverter? I'm just worried about power consumption, I have full system as it is minus sub/amp which will be coming over the summer. Should I look into a cap?

Yes i do plan on hard wiring it in some day.. As far as a cap i'm not that sure. You wont need one yet and maybe try without one unless you see problems. I'm not an expert on that though. What type of screen set up do you have. Flip out or custom indash

can you wait for the PSP to come out? then you can take it on the bus with you

Quote Originally Posted by killabee
    Yes i do plan on hard wiring it in some day.. As far as a cap i'm not that sure. You wont need one yet and maybe try without one unless you see problems. I'm not an expert on that though. What type of screen set up do you have. Flip out or custom indash
    Flip out, non-motorized.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast