Any expierance --Head unit w/XM capablities - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Any expierance --Head unit w/XM capablities within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Gotcha...cool. I'm not familiar with how much things cost to install... Crutchfield actually included a pocket to fill in the ...

Gotcha...cool. I'm not familiar with how much things cost to install... Crutchfield actually included a pocket to fill in the extra space from going from a 2 din stereo to a 1 din. Just a basic pocket tho... I ended up using a forester pocket which pretty much matches the stock trim.

This is what I have for a setup :
    Stereo Installed (Big pics!)
    Same HU w/ Sirius or XM complete with all parts would be roughly 380 before install.

I'll stop hijacking this thread now...
    4 tires...a motor...a couple doors I think...I'd have to check.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, it sounds like you got a great deal. I like how it looks.

I'm just at the point where I don't mind paying a little extra to have someone else do it and back it up with a warranty on the labor.

It will be nice to finally have a place to put something like sunglasses in the dash area.
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Silva_Wagon

Just Be - Curious as to your personal experience that the 9820 sounds better than a similar Alpine HU w/ the Universal adapter. The setups that plug into the Ai-Net should be very similar, just external setups... I have the whole unit (Sirius in this case, but the Xm fit in the same area) hidden under the HVAC controls, so its also very clean since you only see the antenna and HU. I went w/ a different H/U because I don't think the 9820 plays MP3s...plus the option for Sirius/XM is nice to have.
    I haven't heard them together, but my suspicion is that there's really no difference if it's a good set up. Even alpine makes no claims that the 9820 is better than anything else, it's just a lazy man's set up and that's why I like it. I can take it out when I'm done with the WRX and move it to another car (though it looks like it would be hard fitting it into a legacy GT Ltd.

The XM Alpine installed with antenna and second DIN is $455 at Car Toys, so $500 wasn't all that far off. I'll keep looking though.
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.