Closed Cell Foam?

This is a discussion on Closed Cell Foam? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've spent the entire day using Raammat all over the rear section of my car to start. Anyhoo, im almost ...

Closed Cell Foam?

I've spent the entire day using Raammat all over the rear section of my car to start. Anyhoo, im almost done with that, and im ready to use the "closed cell foam" everyone talks about.

Well I went to home-depot and the guy didn't have a clue what I was talkin about. But I did find this stuff.....not sure if it's what I need though. It's called Traffic Master Silent-Step Underlayment. It's meant for hardwood floors etc, to get rid of sound. It says sound absorption & moisture resistance on the package also. It's relatively thin padding also in a large roll.

Is this the stuff im looking for? If not, where do I get this "closed cell foam" everyone talks about.

I'll post pics of the install later, but at the moment you could say I've gone a lil crazy with the Raammat. Let's just say I've used over 40sq feet on just the rear section of the car, and im prolly gonna need to get another 64ft roll.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

its basically just foam in rolls. I don't know if that helps you at all, but you will know it when you see it. But it sounds like the stuff you got for floors is the right stuff.

where do you get raamat? I can never find it on ebay, but I was just going to get 100sq ft of some dynamat knock-off and go crazy w/ it.
    Last edited by Chunks; 12-30-2004 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chunks
    its basically just foam in rolls. I don't know if that helps you at all, but you will know it when you see it. But it sounds like the stuff you got for floors is the right stuff.

where do you get raamat? I can never find it on ebay, but I was just going to get 100sq ft of some dynamat knock-off and go crazy w/ it.
    To get Raammat go to www.raamaudio.com

I also noticed that they sell Ensolite on there site. Which is an acoustic foam, I've heard great things about it over at Nasioc. It costs $20 for 1/8" x 56" x 2 yards. Not sure how much of it I would need to do the whole car, I sent them an email to find out.

But I might just go ahead and purchase the Ensulite from them when I order my second roll of raammat.........yep thats what im gonna do
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)