need some advice on which head unit to get

This is a discussion on need some advice on which head unit to get within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone, I currently have a Pioneer DEH-p9300 and I'm looking to change my deck. I recently upgraded my cluster ...

need some advice on which head unit to get

Hey everyone, I currently have a Pioneer DEH-p9300 and I'm looking to change my deck. I recently upgraded my cluster to an STI V8 cluster and changed the HVAC lights to red color. Now, the Pioneer deck I have doesn't match the dash light colors.

Can anyone recommend a deck that has red back light and atleast most of the features that my current deck offers?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

how much are you willing to spend? most of the pioneer decks have blue lights. sony has a few decks with red buttons and some that you can change to red, but i wouldnt recommend sony. kenwood might have something youre looking for, the KDCMPV5025 or KDCMPV8025.
    lightly modded with a hint of audiophile

the alpine 9835 will let you change buttons numbered 1-6 to amber, and will let you change the four buttons on the left any of over 500 colors. the display is black and white i believe, but you can change that to color as well. its a sweet head unit and one is headed for my car in the next couple of weeks. of course my interior lighting is still green so mine will be all green to match.
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi
    the alpine 9835 will let you change buttons numbered 1-6 to amber, and will let you change the four buttons on the left any of over 500 colors. the display is black and white i believe, but you can change that to color as well. its a sweet head unit and one is headed for my car in the next couple of weeks. of course my interior lighting is still green so mine will be all green to match.
    bryan
    Yup, what he said. That deck rocks.

Pioneer Deck is Sick

I have that same head unit and the features on the new head units do not compare, keep that deck..