my proposed setup...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on my proposed setup... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The first "mod" that I want to do to my galant is a nice clean gauge pillar assembly. The only ...

my proposed setup...

The first "mod" that I want to do to my galant is a nice clean gauge pillar assembly. The only place that Ive been able to find a two-pod pillar for a '91 VR4 is here: http://www.gaugepods.com/mitsubishi.html

Two-Pod Pillar - $40 gaugepods.com:

2 1/16" Defi Boost - $105 eBay:

2 1/16" Defi A/F - $105 eBay:

I assume that I need a control unit (sry im a noob) I found a Defi Control Unit II ($105 eBay)

If the control unit isnt necessary to power the boost and a/f guages and is only for the purpose of storing and replaying data, then Id rather forego the CU for now. What do you guys think? I did a lot of ebaying with my accord, but I want to stay away from it as much as possible now that I have the galant. Im willing to pay more from a reputable vendor, but do you think its ok as long as its a new sealed true defi-gauge? Im definitely not buying performance parts from ebay.
    Hey baby, wanna go pick up some groceries?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you dont need the CU if theyre mech gauges.

defis are nice peices. good picks.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

Quote Originally Posted by gusto
    you dont need the CU if theyre mech gauges.

defis are nice peices. good picks.
    Thanks. Good, saves me another $100. Any idea on how much it would run me to get these installed? Id love to be able to do it myself but I dont trust my wiring skills on something that tells me whether or not Im boosting the hell out of my engine, which is kind of important...
    Hey baby, wanna go pick up some groceries?

id be willing to bet some locals would be more than happy to help on that particular car....

not everyday someone gets the opportunity. plus its easy work. and you could start learning about the car and whats being done to it.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.