need gauge help

This is a discussion on need gauge help within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; okay ive been trying to wire up an omori electric boost gauge all day and im frustrated i hate when ...

need gauge help

okay ive been trying to wire up an omori electric boost gauge all day and im frustrated i hate when i cant figure something out...im trying to wire it using the fuses behind the change holder...i tapped the number 4 fuse for gauge power which is the fuse for the cigarette lighter and i tapped the number 12 fuse for illumination which is the lighting controls for the headlights and what happens is when i start it up the gauge reads right but doesnt illuminate then when i turn my headlights on it acts as if its off it has no reading at all and still no illumination...so obviously im doing something wrong but its frustrating me cuz im really close to getting it working anyway any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Tyler

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Try getting power directly from the battery and using relays to help pick up voltage when switching headlights on/off. Don't forget to add a few fuses, but you should be fine if you use this method rather than ghetto rigging it to the fuses.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

The best way is to use the extra plug that's behind the radio. Just pull out the radio and it should be right there. It's been a while but I want to say it's purple with a translucent white connector.

Even better...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails boost.jpg  

i appreciate everyones help but i figured out it was just a bad ground i had it grounded to a spot where there was paint and i think that was messing it up cuz i switched to a spot that was bare metal and its working fine now

Cool, but I would still avoid tapping into the fuses. With what your doing it should be fine, but I just wouldn't make it a habit to always tap there for power.

thanks for the advice man i appreciate it

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by zoinks
    Cool, but I would still avoid tapping into the fuses. With what your doing it should be fine, but I just wouldn't make it a habit to always tap there for power.
    My point exactly. We bought high quality vehicles. Let's try and do high quality work, setting ourselves apart from the Honda...ummh Hack-job import scene.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

And IF you are going to tap into the fuse box, at least use the metal 'sleeves' that fit over the fuses and don't just wrap the wire over the prong. It will keep the contacts from separating and causing you problems when you remove the wire. However, there are plenty of other sources for power.