Dvd Sirus Sat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Dvd Sirus Sat within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey sup my peeps. I wana put in a Dvd/Cd Player in my Sti. I wana put a head unit ...

Post Dvd Sirus Sat

Hey sup my peeps. I wana put in a Dvd/Cd Player in my Sti. I wana put a head unit with fold out Dvd touch screen. Also i want the head unit to have Sirius Sat Radio. Any brand suggestions and or places to find such an item at the cheapest price???
    Sirius Rules

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WrxSti305
    Sirius Rules
    ^^^^^ thats right.

i was going to think about this one, but then i realized that alpine recently got the sirius tuner. thus, there is no question of which one you should get. If you gots the money, get the IVA-D901 which runs around $1800-2300. If you dont wanna spent that much, cant go wrong with the IVA-D300 which goes for 1000-1500. you'll need to get the tuner for both which is another $100 or so. i've seen the 300 in action and it is a work of art. the hide away unit is a little big which isnt a huge problem
    some places to check them out are onlinecarstereo.com or etronics.com. those were the cheapest ive seen them.
    lightly modded with a hint of audiophile

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Kenwood Excelon. I've got the 7015. The best looking radio for any WRX/Sti. 2 year warranty on that sucker from the manufacturer. Alpine is great, but ask yourself why they won't support any of their HU's for that kind of time. I wouldn't buy it. I had, and still own some Alpine radio's and screens (the benefits of running a stereo shop), but they are definately pricey, and not always better than equivalent price range radio's/ screens from Pioneer, Kenwood and sometimes even Clarion. Do some research and check out all other competitors before you buy into anyone's clever marketing.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by ej20fan
    Kenwood Excelon. I've got the 7015. The best looking radio for any WRX/Sti. 2 year warranty on that sucker from the manufacturer. Alpine is great, but ask yourself why they won't support any of their HU's for that kind of time. I wouldn't buy it. I had, and still own some Alpine radio's and screens (the benefits of running a stereo shop), but they are definately pricey, and not always better than equivalent price range radio's/ screens from Pioneer, Kenwood and sometimes even Clarion. Do some research and check out all other competitors before you buy into anyone's clever marketing.
    He wuz looking for a fold out screen. the ddx7015 is 2din.
    I have the kenwood and everything about it is great!!
    so, what ^^^^ said.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by rpfride
    He wuz looking for a fold out screen. the ddx7015 is 2din.
    I have the kenwood and everything about it is great!!
    so, what ^^^^ said.
    Sorry, should've clarified that. I know you want the fold out unit. I personally prefer the 2Din look. Very sleek, stock. Fold out, go for the gold. Excelon 915. The Alpine's are nice, but it's hard to ignore that 2 year warranty. Make sure you buy from a authorized dealer, not some website. That way you assure US market product, new, and serial numbers. To make things a little clearer, take this example to heart. I used to carry and heavily support Zapco. A customer wanted a specific amp, a very expensive one, and decided to go cheap, purchasing it from a ebay seller. The amp arrived, with serial numbers...but.... one didn't work. No problem, I call Zapco to get an RA (repair authorization) as we're still doing all the other work (Box, fiberglass etc) for this customer. They run the serial number, ask me to send it in and then the fun began. The amp has mismatched internal serial numbers, as the one's on the outside had been swapped. Zapco keeps the amp, refuses to send it back, and since my customer had no proof that he purchased it from dealers with whom the serial numbers would've matched, is completely helpless. To add insult to injury, Zapco then sues the ebay seller, from whom the amp was purchased by my customer, for defamation of product, as they were advertising far below MSRP.

This is not common, but it's definately worth spending a few extra $$ as you're not only paying for product, but the retailers service and knowledge. And if you believe knowledge has no monetary value, explain the cost of tuition, consultation fee's from attorney's, accountants and doctors. I'm not trying to go off topic, but just want to stress the importance of buying from an authorized dealer. Try to get a good price, don't get ripped, and do some homework, but support the industry as well. Otherwise I myself, and so many other vendors wouldn't be here to help out, as it would not be profitable or worth their time.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

i know alpine is a little bit more expensive compared to other brands, but i've owned a few alpine products that have stuck with me for a long long time. the only reason why i got a different unit was to upgrade, not to repair/replace anything. Its not like i buy nothing but alpine products. my new HU is a avic-n1, which i love. i've worked in a shop before and know what products come back the most. With the warranties, it would be great to have a longer warranty, but if somethings goin to happen, its goin to be in the first few months if not earlier. do units go out after one year? yes. do units go out after warranty? yes. if a similar product had a lifetime warranty, it would be a different story. dont quote me on this, but alpine might have a deal for $100 bucks, they will fix your unit no matter how old. you might want to double check that before you go off to alpine and send your units in. for an alternative product, i would go with the double din kenwood, which again looks pretty clean in a wrx. however, im not too fond of their motorized single din stereos. they seem to break down more than any other motorized HU. I would definitely recommend buying from authorized dealers as well. that way, you have someone to ***** to if something does go wrong. it doesnt hurt to shop around and mess with the HU's youre thinkin about buying. your new HU isnt goin to do any good if some people like it but you dont. good luck

refurbished or Rubish?

I found a couple of the Kenwood Dvd motorized fold outs with 7'' touch screen and sirius controls from a range of 900 brand new but not authorized dealer , but Ebay store. I also found a refurbished for like 790. The same unit at like bestbuy is 1400. This influx on price has me shaking my head. What tha Dilly yo. ???? I also some of the 2 bin or din whatever units on ebay. Thing is i like the hideaway feature of the fold out. Only problem is that it blows 2 air-vents and my hazard lights control. The screen only has to be out for Dvd action. the 2 bin units don't have removable face. I live in miami and although i keep my car in a police station parking lot when not in use, i do park it on the Hoodlum st.'s of miami when i don't drive home my take home unit.

Happy new year Don't drink and Drive your WRx's ;-)
    Last edited by WrxSti305; 12-31-2004 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Add on

Quote Originally Posted by WrxSti305
    Thing is i like the hideaway feature of the fold out. Only problem is that it blows 2 air-vents and my hazard lights control. The screen only has to be out for Dvd action. the 2 bin units don't have removable face.
    mount your HU on the lower pocket. it is a double din opening in the factory stereo location, so the lower part can be used for the head unit while the pocket is on top. this way when your screen is out, only covers up the cup holder (well in the '04+)

I havent put my Clarion Dvd player in my wrx yet...but when it was in my specv i loved it.
    bought it from www.audiowarehouseexpress.com got here in like less then 2 weeks
    i think it was about $1100 when I bought it..local competitors were charging almost $2000.

i was just looking on that website and dont even see the model i have..but here is a link for one like it
    http://www.audiowarehouseexpress.com...835/detail.asp
    2005 PSM WRX

Here is a link to a stereo I had put in. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. The box is a custom fiberglass one.
    New Head Unit

I like that set up TSwenson. I want to do something like that if my clarion wont work.
    but i really like the six disc that is already in the car. Im gonna go to the audio store and see if what they can do about it this week.
    2005 PSM WRX

those are some great head units just wanted to thow one more in the mix... this is the one i was telling you about (WrxSti305) when u introduced me to this web site... btw thnx

http://www.avic-n1.com/

Avic is nice but no Sirius

The Avic unit is tight, but if i get Sat radio i want it to be Sirius not XFM, I wonder if u can hook up Sirius to this unit. Anyone know?

you it was just announced

the adapter model # is
    SIR-PNR1

heres the press release
    http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...756404,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by dookie
    you it was just announced

the adapter model # is
    SIR-PNR1

heres the press release
    http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...756404,00.html
    i just came back from CES, but i didnt see the new tuner. im definitely getting it once it comes out. i dont really take out my plug and play audiovox. so the tuner would work perfect

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast