• no regrets

6 66.67%
  • OK for average Joe w/ average mods

2 22.22%
  • regret

0 0%
  • really regret

1 11.11%

This is a discussion on Autometer or More $$$ within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've done all the searches and it's not totally clear. Autometer gauges are way cheaper, but the others (Greddy, defi, ...

Autometer or More $$$

I've done all the searches and it's not totally clear.

Autometer gauges are way cheaper, but the others (Greddy, defi, Apexi, Blitz...) are "better" in terms of looks and added functions, but there is not a clear indication on quality/performance.

Will all those w/ autometer please vote if you wished you spent more on "better" gauges? and please tell why.

As for the extra features, I know autometer offers products such as warning lights (anyone have these?)

Here's the poll

A: No regrets, they work fine for the average AutoXer/commuter

B: Not accurate enough for AutoXer, but fine for commuting and spirited driving w/ moderate mods

C: Regret. I would have spent the cash for better gauges

D: I really miss the extra features, wish I had them

pLease provide input, I really want to start some real mods, but I have to get the gauges first!!!
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No regrets here. I like mine and the gauges I saw in the US rally subarus said Autometer, so that's good enough for me.

i saw them on egauges.com for some really good prices. i like the autometers a lot.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

No regrets at all. Great guage for a great price. Very accurate. Follow the link in my signature to see which one I got.
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

I bought the Autometers because they were inexpensive, had a black on black and made a matching clock (I have them in a Defi pod). I really expected to get something better/more expensive latter, but the Autometers work well and look pretty good too. I probably won't replace them unless they break.

Dale

Hey I appreciate your feedback. I was expecting more negative reviews because from my searches the negative ones tend to get posted.
    I don't know this type of merchandise well enough to determine quality versus fluff. People do say you get what you pay for, but I think that's misleading in some circumstances. For example, a Gucci watch is nice, but for some one who really just needs an accurate watch, I don't think the Gucci is that much more better quality than other less expensive watches.
    I know there's a conflict in interest for some dealers who recieve a higher commision off of high end merchandise, so it's helpful to get unbiased practical reviews (which in this day and age, is harder to come by).
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual