People with harness bar + '04-type seats...

This is a discussion on People with harness bar + '04-type seats... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Doing some research, and am considering a Sparco harness bar + 3" 4-point harnesses. Just wondering if anybody has harnesses ...

People with harness bar + '04-type seats...

Doing some research, and am considering a Sparco harness bar + 3" 4-point harnesses. Just wondering if anybody has harnesses in their car with a harness bar. What brand, how did everything fit, how did you run the belts? Is your back seat still usable? You know, stuff like that that might be nice to know

One thing I've been trying to get cleared up for me is if I need any extra hardware to install the harnesses in the stock mounting locations, along with the stock seatbelts. It's not really for racing, just something to keep me in the seat better when I'm out doing some spirited driving.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry this isn't an answer to your post, but where did you find the harness bar. I too want one cause i already have the 5pt. harnesses that I'm taking out of the Stang.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

Quote Originally Posted by Alizarin
    Doing some research, and am considering a Sparco harness bar + 3" 4-point harnesses. Just wondering if anybody has harnesses in their car with a harness bar. What brand, how did everything fit, how did you run the belts? Is your back seat still usable? You know, stuff like that that might be nice to know

One thing I've been trying to get cleared up for me is if I need any extra hardware to install the harnesses in the stock mounting locations, along with the stock seatbelts. It's not really for racing, just something to keep me in the seat better when I'm out doing some spirited driving.
    well i didn't have it in an 04 but i had it in my 02. The front seats don't recline all the way back (obviously) and the seat is 1 or clicks from going all the way back. I have some pics of it installed if you want to see.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

My friend has it in his WRB 04 and its looks really nice expecially since he got it powder coated blue
    To answer your ?s the seats dont recline all the way but its def. fine if your not a big guy. Hes using sparco harnesses with it and it works well. The back is still capable of haulin people around but its just weird with the bar stairing in you face and if you get in an accident youre more than likely to wack ur face/head off of it but i never have any1 in my back seats...its tight enought even without the bar
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I have a 6 point in my '04. It's six because it's easer to use the front seat mounting bolts to hold the crotch strap. My lap belts are bolted into the stock mounting points. I don't have a Harness bar and run the shoulder straps back to the rear (I have a 3 seat car). All of the hardware is Simpson...

Quote Originally Posted by boosted scoob
    Sorry this isn't an answer to your post, but where did you find the harness bar. I too want one cause i already have the 5pt. harnesses that I'm taking out of the Stang.
    You can get one from Rally Sport Direct (click here) if you wanted, but I'll be driving the 2 hours over to Titan Motorsports in Orlando to pick one up (saves on shipping costs).

I'm 6' tall but like to sit "close" to the wheel for an easier time in the twisties, and my leg doesn't get sore as easy working the clutch in traffic. I think my current seat position would be fine, I don't lean back too far also. As for back seat-age, I don't really have people in my back seat very often, but I carry my bowling balls back there and occasionally drive to lunch, so it is nice to know it's still somewhat usable.

WRXcelration: does your friend run the shoulder belts through the hole in the seat-back or elsewhere?

Thanks for the responses, guys

Cool...I'll have to stop by there on my next trip down to Orlando. I'm on leave from the military right now in Clearwater (used to live there for 10+ years). I noticed you're in Largo. Saturday night I'm going out to the Gandy bridge with my rex to see some of my old peoples I used to hang out with. If you've ever been there, you may have noticed my white mustang convertible with full rollcage. I had some fun times with it across the bridge
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake