Is this a good head unit?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Is this a good head unit? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I may have a chance to buy this off a friend for a pretty good price, brand new. Just wondering ...

Is this a good head unit?

I may have a chance to buy this off a friend for a pretty good price, brand new. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts/experience w/ it?

http://iweb.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn/...y=45&p_main=10

You can also get this nifty ipod adapter for it too...i dont HAVE an ipod, but if this thing works pretty good id probably consider getting one

http://iweb.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn/...y=45&p_main=10

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

its got more features than youll ever use..id say buy if it was around 350 or so

i don't think it's worth the extra $150 over the cda 9826/9827. If i were you, i'd just buy one of those models.
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

what if he was selling it to me for 250...shipped

someone is sellin a 9827 on here for a good amt. cheaper than that, i dont remember how much. $250 is a good price for that HU, but the lower model 9827 was a good price too so just think about what you really NEED in a head unit and you can probably pick between one of these two....
    bryan
    p.s. i have an ipod and an alpine head unit, and i'm choosing to pass on that alpine adapter after reading up on it. i dont mind controlling the songs playing through the ipod, they dont need to be displayed on the head unit. the adapter seems a bit cumbersome and slow to use,and not quite developed enough to be "the" solution for this. i'm getting a $15 AI-Net adapter cable and just running the Ipod through the Aux-In port...
    Last edited by Wrinkleboi; 12-16-2004 at 11:55 AM.

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi
    someone is sellin a 9827 on here for a good amt. cheaper than that, i dont remember how much. $250 is a good price for that HU, but the lower model 9827 was a good price too so just think about what you really NEED in a head unit and you can probably pick between one of these two....
    *ahem*

that would be me

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.