removing automatic shift knob
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on removing automatic shift knob within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; is there a trick to this? i know a lot of automatic shifters can be a pain to take off, ...

removing automatic shift knob

is there a trick to this? i know a lot of automatic shifters can be a pain to take off, but i don't see any screws or anything to get at to remove it.

thanks
    Chuck

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no, just unscrew it. its easy, but you gotta keep going because it is a very long thread, i guess, so it takes like 5 minutes to get it off

keep the jokes to yourselves sicko's!
    alf

thank you very much!

will pretty much any shift knob fit if it's just a screw on?

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    check out the MOMO shift knob, i kno people with 4eat's that have no problem with them. Make sure any shift knob you choose is for autmoatic and not manual, then i think it defientely will not fit. Shop around for the Momo shift knob, some sites have em for an absurd price, but others have em pretty well priced. Counter clock wise off, clock wise back on for the shift knob.
    uncle lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

i have fit a 5MT knob on the shifter peice in my car. it was the MOMO one, i forgot which it was blue.
    alf

Subaruwrxparts.com sells a MOMO auto shift knob for $84 and Subydude has one also for $200!
    2002 WRX COBB Stage 2.5

2003 Infiniti FX45

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    subaruwrxparts.com is good stuff, ive ordered the momo shift knob, and a bunch of other things, actually a lot of things, they have great prices, quality service, and very fast shipping, dont think twice on ordering from them, scooby dude is nuts $200, he thinks he has gold because it says "momo" on it.
    uncle lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

so the 5MT knobs WILL fit the 4EAT?
    2004 WRX WRBlue 4EAT (my wifes car)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.