Lidatek LE-30 review
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Lidatek LE-30 review within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Being the recipient of six speeding tickets in three years (two coming across country in UT and NE and four ...

Lidatek LE-30 review

Being the recipient of six speeding tickets in three years (two coming across country in UT and NE and four in OH), I decided to fight back, so I purchased the Valentine One. It's been good, but didn't prevent a Laser generated ticket, so I entered a group buy for the Lidatek LE-30 and ended up purchasing it for $268 (and $80 for a professional installation to net an extra year warranty).

I wasn't certain the unit was functional (despite flipping the on/off switch and hearing the initial chirp.) Even in a couple of instances where I thought it should have gone off, it didn't. However all that has recently changed as the LE-30 has gone off three times in the last month, all at night.

The first was as I saw a cop car pulled over, presumably ticketing a vehicle. I don't know how the LE-30 could pick up the laser, because I was on the opposite side of the freeway and there was a dividing concrete barrier. (The unit transponder is mounted low, near the front license plate).

The second instance was on a local thoroughfare, while traveling approximately 55 in a 45 zone. The unit went off (it's pretty loud) so I immediately slowed down and turned off the unit. Sure enough, about 500 feet down the road were two cop cars, one behind the other. They didn't follow, which to me validated the LE-30's efficiency.

The third instance was on the same freeway as the first laser alert. This time the LE-30 (and the V1) went off, so I turned off the unit and slowed down from 75ish to 65, and about 400 feet later in the grassy middle between the two freeway directions, was a cop who again didn't follow. It was way to dark to note any (hopefully) aggravated/astonished expressions of "wtf?"

I believe the LE-30 has saved my butt twice now, not to mention my driving record and my insurance premiums, more than making up for the cost of the unit.

Bill M.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg  
    Last edited by billmclaugh; 12-11-2004 at 12:28 PM.
    2003 World Rally Blue WRX Wagon
    AccessPort - Stage 1 93 Oct.
    Fuzion ZRi tires
    Hardwired Valentine One / Lidatek LE-30
    XM Roady
    50% Tint

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Box contents.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3.jpg  
    Fuzion ZRi tires
    XM Roady
    50% Tint

LE-30 transponder to right of LP.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.jpg  
    Fuzion ZRi tires
    XM Roady
    50% Tint

Close-up of transponder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5.jpg  
    Fuzion ZRi tires
    XM Roady
    50% Tint

On/Off toggle switch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6.jpg  
    Fuzion ZRi tires
    XM Roady
    50% Tint

Nice....glad to hear these products produce results....
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

I am not trying to burst your bubble its nice that it works in theory but the detector hard to use in practice.

The laser is like a gun with an on off trigger. By the time your detector goes off the officer already has your speed. Same with on off radar.

Officer may have been waiting for a higher speed when he got yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Flex
    I am not trying to burst your bubble its nice that it works in theory but the detector hard to use in practice.

The laser is like a gun with an on off trigger. By the time your detector goes off the officer already has your speed. Same with on off radar.

Officer may have been waiting for a higher speed when he got yours.
    I'm pretty sure Lidatek scrambles the reflected laser and beeps, when it beeps, you turn it off and slow down. You then hope the cop got a reading like 358mph or 10mph or something, and that he thinks its the guns fault. So he hits you again, and you are going the speed limit because you were warned the first time.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Nice clean install.

Why just one transponder, though? I know the BEL 905 and the Blinder Laserjammer both use 2-3... <shrug>... oh well, as long as it works, I guess.

-C
    Chris
    '04 PSM WRX Sedan
    Blobeye Syndicate #8

Quote Originally Posted by cannibal869
    Nice clean install.

Why just one transponder, though? I know the BEL 905 and the Blinder Laserjammer both use 2-3... <shrug>... oh well, as long as it works, I guess.

-C
    The LE-30 only came with one transponder, but others could be purchased separately (I forget at what price). For a large vehicle, two in the front is recommended. Another unit could be placed at the back for any vehicle (at the separate charge). I went cheap(er).

Bill M.
    Fuzion ZRi tires
    XM Roady
    50% Tint

Hmm, Im not saying the "jamming" doesnt work, but Im curious as to how it works.

All the laser is is really enery/light. To give a false reading back to the originating lidar you would have to have a duplicate laser emitting something from the car at the same frequency.

Even then what happens when the laser comes back off something other than the license area? Like the mirror, bumper...etc etc

In essence the new jammer would have to totally eliminate the originating lidar beam, then send out a false one at the same frequency (not all units are at the same freq.). That is after it covers the entire car. Anybody know actually HOW they work?

FYI: you can pinpoint a mirror on a car going 75mph more than a half mile out. I remember hearing a story from cops getting cars at more than 6000 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Flex
    Hmm, Im not saying the "jamming" doesnt work, but Im curious as to how it works.
    Check out this article. It briefly describes the mechanism for jamming police laser.

http://www.radartest.com/article.asp?articleID=8502

Bill M.
    Fuzion ZRi tires
    XM Roady
    50% Tint

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.