speaker sizes

This is a discussion on speaker sizes within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys I'm selling my prelude to get a wrx this month. I have mb quart 5 1/4" seperates up ...

speaker sizes

Hey guys I'm selling my prelude to get a wrx this month. I have mb quart 5 1/4" seperates up front and 3-way 6x9's in the rear. I was wondering what size the stock speakers are in the wrx or what you guys have put in them for aftermarket components. I would like to keep the speakers I have and reuse them because they sound amazing but if not I will sell them and buy the sizes the fit accordingly in the wrx. Thanks

Ryan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the stock sizes are 5 1/4" in the front and 4" in the rear, i believe. i know that it is possible with spacers to put 6.5" in the front and 5 1/4" in the rear. never heard of 6x9s in a WRX though...
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

more speaker Q's

Ok so I'm going to keep my mb quart 5 1/4" seperates and just put them in the wrx I buy for up front. Does the stock audio system have tweeters up front? If not where have you guys been mounting aftermarket ones? Just looking for some ideas, pictures would be very helpful.

yeah the wrx has a separate tweeter location up on the door, so most people just use that.
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com