Stock front speaker in rear location
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stock front speaker in rear location within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I searched, and found some help, but nothing specific. I upgraded my fronts to some Alpine components, which sound VERY ...

Stock front speaker in rear location

I searched, and found some help, but nothing specific.

I upgraded my fronts to some Alpine components, which sound VERY clear but lack bass. I am not going to get a sub anytime soon. I was wondering if I could take the stock front speakers and put them in the rear location WITHOUT any spacer. I'd think they would be louder than the stock rears and carry enough fill/bass to sound nice for a while.

Any thoughts?
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

As far as I know the fronts will not fit in the rear.........
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

Second that. They won't fit. 1.25" difference.

yeah i know the size difference. i doubt thats a problem as aftermarket 5.25" speakers work. I'm looking more at the depth difference. is a spacer needed? I'm trying to figure this out without taking apart the rear doors and wasting time
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

I'm not exactly sure how they do it, but I have 6.5" JL Audio speakers in both the front and rear doors. (only thing I haven't installed on my car) So, I'm sure the 5.25" are possible.
    03' PSM WRX sedan - 326 awhp/303 tq

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.