Ever been stuck in your wrx?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Ever been stuck in your wrx? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The other night after some snowfall i drove home, turned off the car and opened the door. nope. I noticed ...

Ever been stuck in your wrx?

The other night after some snowfall i drove home, turned off the car and opened the door. nope. I noticed it was locked. I unlocked via the electronic button, and it stuttered and remained locked. WTF? I decided to start the car back up, crawled out the passenger side and let the car warm up. I then got some spare keys and tried to open the lock manually? no luck. After 5 minutes of this, i decided to pound a beer in frustration.

I walk back outside to the passenger side, click the unlock button and Viola the thing unlocks? Now im extra weary about being locked into my car... ill have to practice some fear factor moves if i ever dunk my car in a lake or deep body of water.

way to go subaru
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It sounds like maybe the locking mechanism might have been frozen. Did you try unlocking the door from the inside by hand?
    Gilligan

Albany, NY (school) -- Long Island, NY (home)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzioblack44
    ill have to practice some fear factor moves if i ever dunk my car in a lake or deep body of water.
    +2
    '02 PSM WRX -- turboxs turboback w/ magnaflow muffler, perrin up-pipe, helix tmic, ecutek
    LISC #13

When you hit the unlock button did it stutter for a few seconds? My car always does this now (but the door always opens) ever since I took off my door panel and removed the door lock/window switch panel. However, a few times I have slammed the door and then it wouldn't open again. I'm taking off my door panel again in a few days to replace the speakers and I'm going to see what I can find out. I'll fill you in if I find anything.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

i keep all sorts of wrenches in the rex so if i go in a lake i can unbolt my mods and salvage them

squirt some wd40 or silicone lubricant in the lock and you may find that will take care of it hombre.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

did you try unlocking it with your finger? you know, like, without a button? If you were in the car idk why it did that, and im sure you already know this, but sometimes when you open the door as soon as you unlock them, theyll get stuck halfway between lock and unlock and if you try to unlock them they wont work. Just lock them and then unlock again and it should open.
    My Mods w/ Pics

13.57 @ 100.9 mph

UCF Car Club

yea i tried pushing it open with my finger, but it was jammed. I have components in the car, so maybe somethings in the way... ill check it out if it happens again. Its too cold/ im too lazy to look at it anytime soon
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes manual opening would have been the obvious thing to try when the electronic button doesn't seem to work. If it shutters when pressing the electronic button, it is often because people try to open the door while unlocking it...or that the electric motor isn't working well. Meanwhile, if the manual button simply doesn't seem to work and the electronic button cause shutter....it'll be a mechanical problem with the locking mechanism of the actual door(eg some sort of jam or breakage)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.