Armrest Extension

This is a discussion on Armrest Extension within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone has the armrest extension?? is it easy to install??and take off?? Is it comfortable? Can you post some Pics? ...

Armrest Extension

Anyone has the armrest extension??
    is it easy to install??and take off??
    Is it comfortable?
    Can you post some Pics?
    Thanks
    Tuca

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tuca33-

When I test drove, the car they gave me had the armrest extension. Being 17 i suppose that my arms are not as long as some of you but when I would shift, my elbow would hit the corner of the extension. I'm sure that if i varied my driving position that i could remedy that problem but its just not worth it to me. Some people love it though, if you have long arms, by all means, get it. It gives you something for your arm to sit on

Also, i dont think it is easily removed, installation should be pretty simple though, don't quote me on that though.

-ry
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Pug
    Here's what it looks like:

I have the extension in my wagon- it's nice to have the extra padding, but my arms are big and the weight of them tends to snap the little plastic closure device off (only happens when I drive the car)- it's not that great in quality as far as I'm concerned, but luckily the armrest stays closed even though I finally removed the closure thingy.

Im glad I got it, its very useful. And yes it is easy to take off, but why would you want to? Its not as sturdy as I would like.
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

gets in the way

well I have the extension and I do not think it is that comfortable. I'm 6' tall with proportionate arms and I use the lowest seating position. During spirited driving, my elbow will knock into the armrest so I usually flip the top section back. During regular driving I find my right shoulder propped up a little because I'm resting my elbow on the extension and I have to angle my wrist a little bit at the shifter (stock shifter and knob). I like that it adds storage space but it may come out soon! If I can take pics tomorrow, I'll post 'em.

I like it. I'm 6'4" and it drives comfortable. It's useful and the padding is good. I can shift easily without hitting the armrest. All it does is raise the armrest about 2 inches and add an extra storage compartement.
    autobahn storming scooby

Whew !

Originally posted by jedimaster
    I have the extension in my wagon- it's nice to have the extra padding, but my arms are big and the weight of them tends to snap the little plastic closure device off (only happens when I drive the car)- it's not that great in quality as far as I'm concerned, but luckily the armrest stays closed even though I finally removed the closure thingy.
    Thanks jedi,

I thought this only happened to me....

Clavo
    What's the square root of 69 ?.........8 something

deal breaker

I had the armrest extension in my first '02 WRX Wagon. When that one flooded, I wanted it in my second because I liked it so much. In fact, it was almost a deal breaker! I had bargained the dealer down so far he really didn't want to include the extension in the price. I would've walked if he hadn't.

I'm 5'10, so maybe not the longest arms. Also, I'm no racer - but I am certainly an enthusiastic daily driver, and the extension doesn't get in my way at all. Additionally, and importantly, I have a bad back, and the extension helps immeasurably when I am not shifting - gives me a comfortable place to rest my arm, and is just the right height for me. Finally, the size of the compartment is just what I needed: It's just enough for my sunglasses, garage door opener, and some napkins so I can remain anal retentive in maintaining the cleanliness of my interior!

--Trace
    Blue '02 Wagon, factory short-throw & boost gauge...more to come...