Speaker Question?

This is a discussion on Speaker Question? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok I am looking at upgrading my system in my STi. I am wanting to put a set of JL ...

Speaker Question?

Ok I am looking at upgrading my system in my STi. I am wanting to put a set of JL Audio Components up front. I am looking at the XR650's which are 6.5 inch speakers. Will I have a problem fitting these in the stock locations or will I just need a spacer, will depth be an issue, as I am not sure what the required mounting depth for the JL's are or what room I have behind the speaker locations?
    Thanks for any help in advance,
    MarK.
    Eclipse AVN 2454 Navigation system for sale - PM me for more details...
    MY 05 STi - SOLD
    MarK.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes. You will need spacers. Check out www.iaperformance.com They have very nice quality spacers and a fitment guide in pdf format that may include your component set. If it doesn't list your set there, just email them with the cutout diameter and mounting depth of the speaker and they'll respond quickly to tell you if it will work or not.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

Quote Originally Posted by boosted scoob
    Yes. You will need spacers. Check out www.iaperformance.com They have very nice quality spacers and a fitment guide in pdf format that may include your component set. If it doesn't list your set there, just email them with the cutout diameter and mounting depth of the speaker and they'll respond quickly to tell you if it will work or not.
    Cool man thanks for the info. will look into it now.
    MarK.
    Eclipse AVN 2454 Navigation system for sale - PM me for more details...
    MY 05 STi - SOLD
    MarK.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    how deep is the JL Mid-Woofer. I don't have one in stock to check, but I'm skeptical that the spacers will suffice. You'll most likely need to move the window rail.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.