OEM Sub

This is a discussion on OEM Sub within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got my WRX not to long ago and was cleaning it when I noticed I have box under ...

OEM Sub

I just got my WRX not to long ago and was cleaning it when I noticed I have box under my seat. Is that the sub that everyone is talking about, I played with it a little and not much sound diffference and I couldnt feel any vibration from it when the stereo was on.
    03 WRX MBP
    DB 18g | Megan DP | Gutted UP | Borla CB | Perrin Turbo Inlet | Perrin Big MAF | Walbro FP | Denso Iridiums | Torque Converter | ValveBody | APS TMIC | 680cc FI

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, the OEM sub is pretty weak. If you have the cash, it would be worth it to tack on an amp and a small sub (maybe a single 10") in the rear. The sound will be much nicer!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Thanks I think I will do that in the future, rather listen to my engine anyways for now!
    03 WRX MBP
    DB 18g | Megan DP | Gutted UP | Borla CB | Perrin Turbo Inlet | Perrin Big MAF | Walbro FP | Denso Iridiums | Torque Converter | ValveBody | APS TMIC | 680cc FI

I am having a new HU installed next week with an amp and single 10 infiniti perfect sub to replace the stock HU and factory amp. Others that have done this, is it worth it to replace the stock HU. I know the factory sub has got to go, Is the sound worth the change? Any other reccomendations?

If you have the cash its definitely worth it to get an aftermarket head unit!

Quote Originally Posted by fino22
    Thanks I think I will do that in the future, rather listen to my engine anyways for now!
    There are two little knobs on the side that control output. If you're not feeling anything from it, they are probably turned all the way down. I don't care much for mine, but I definitely notice a difference with it adjusted properly. They are a pain in the neck to adjust.