tweeter housing size
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on tweeter housing size within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, i see a lot of posts about the mid housing size, but never about the tweeter housing. I'm pretty ...

tweeter housing size

Hey, i see a lot of posts about the mid housing size, but never about the tweeter housing.
    I'm pretty sure that the stock location is 1". Could i fit some 30mm tweeters into there? (about 1.18")
    These tweeters are from the kicker ss65.2 system, which i want to get. Anyone have any feedback on that system?
    '03 Aspen white rex

-Infinity Kappa Perfect 12D VQ running on a MTX audio 420D.
    -Kicker SS components (6.5") running on a hifonics saturn a4000
    -60 sq. ft of edead v1.2se

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There is really no housing for the tweeters, just a bracket on the metal door, then the door panel has holes in it. I would think you can get away with 1.18" tweeters as long as they do not protrude too far out to hit the door panel.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

lol aiite. that sounds perfect. I would go measure it myself, but soem1 at my school clipped me in the parkin lot so my car is in the shop for 2 weeks...
    i'm getting the kicker ss65.2 component system, 30mm tweeters (1.18")
    hopefully itll all fit.....if not, i can always make a custom panel or sometin..
    thanks
    '03 Aspen white rex

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by tracker7821
    lol aiite. that sounds perfect. I would go measure it myself, but soem1 at my school clipped me in the parkin lot so my car is in the shop for 2 weeks...
    i'm getting the kicker ss65.2 component system, 30mm tweeters (1.18")
    hopefully itll all fit.....if not, i can always make a custom panel or sometin..
    thanks
    I'm not a big fan of the kicker components. Chinese made, low quality materials, low grade workmanship. I'm not implying that everything that is made in China follows this trend, just that Kicker is cutting corners. Their VR and CVR subs are awesome. L5's and L7's are nice, but I have yet to be impressed. If you're looking for a low cost..high quality component system... try the RF, or the DSE 216 from MB quart. Both are under $200.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

alright, yah i've considered all of the systems. I found the kicker ss system for 400 on ebay, maybe ill get a dif system tho.
    im still curious as to what the maximum depth of speakers/tweeters are. mainly, how big of a tweeter can i put in my car?
    '03 Aspen white rex

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.