Help With Keyless Entry

This is a discussion on Help With Keyless Entry within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just installed a hks turbo timer on my 03 rex. everything works fine except when the tt is running ...

Help With Keyless Entry

I just installed a hks turbo timer on my 03 rex. everything works fine except when the tt is running i can only lock my doors with the key not the remote. Once the tt goes off though the remote works fine! Help
    i used the harness

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The keyless entry system is set up so that the remotes don't work while the car is running, but I don't recall exactly why it's set up this way. I'm not sure you can get around this, either. You should be able to use the power lock button, though.
    Gilligan

You have to find the keyless entry module under the dash on the drivers side. It is a black box with wires coming out of it. Find the darkest green wire, I think it has a black stripe on it. Cut it, fold the ends back and tape it. This will allow you to use the remote while the car is running. I cut the wrong wire the first time i did it and the rear lights didnt flash when I would lock the doors. Put it back together, found the right wire and all is good.

Luc