Rear monitor ideas for WRX?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Rear monitor ideas for WRX? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; the '04 have no headreast and they are to narrow. ANY ideas? Not looking to get new seats. 2 flip ...

Rear monitor ideas for WRX?

the '04 have no headreast and they are to narrow. ANY ideas? Not looking to get new seats. 2 flip down monitors? but would need to be slim so not to look like crap.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have no idea if it would work or look good, mabye look for somehting that flips up or pops up from the back part of the center counsule. I know it is only around 5 inches, but could be different.

only rear monitors for a wrx should be the people watching you from behind as you pass.

dont ruin those 04 seats with tvs. if anything trade me for my 02 seats so you can do it right.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

im not interested in ruining the seats. Im realy looking at the flip down monitors. the wrx has plenty of head room , the center can easily hold a 10" lcd (might get 7" motorized) and the rear seats have more than enough room to veiw it from a good angle. Ill take pictures asap.. dome lights are part of the units. pretty nice.
    i would like something for my kids to watch so i dont have to drive the Expedition everywhere. Maybe playstation also. I think it will look very nice.
    About 1 week till install of:
    kenwood hu- ddx7015 (got it and is very very very nice! more features than imaginable),kenwood 20g music keg (mps's), xtant amp, 6.5mb quart Q, 5.25 mb quart prem coaxial, 10" flip down monitor in rear (?).

a dropdown from the ceiling is the way to go.

have you seen the mattjk in dash setup? its way nice
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

trade me trade me! lol. i only got a in dash tv with dvd right now. i plan to get visors ($240 for 2 sets, left and right already made). i dont think imma do head rest. altho the idea about center console flip out (armrest) is nice.
    Midwest Auto Salon
    Apple Valley, MN

My Stage IV WRX was totalled by a drunk driver. Fcuk him!

you could definitely do a flip down. it would look really clean (depends on the installer of course), but 7 would work out cuz the distance from the passengers to the screen is like a few feet if that.
    lightly modded with a hint of audiophile

Thanks.
    The install is done (4 now)!
    He had to move the read monitor back alittle to accomidate for the uneven contour of the roof liner but he did put alittle fill in the head liner to make it flat for the install. looks good. Motorized 7" lcd. No reaching up to pull it down .
    ill take some pictures.
    BTW, if anyone in my area needs a audio installer, LET ME KNOW. This guy is great. Cleansest install ive ever seen. Best price i got. save some $ by getting youre hardware online/ej20 and do custom install.
    best price's i found on the web were here: http://www.woofersetc.com/store.asp

how do i post pictures? i know its probably in one sticky but....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.