Interior protectant?

This is a discussion on Interior protectant? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What kind of interior protectant do you guys use? I've heard bad stuff about Armor All, but I did like ...

Interior protectant?

What kind of interior protectant do you guys use? I've heard bad stuff about Armor All, but I did like their low shine Interior formula. I can't find that anymore.

How about for your tires?
    With great power comes great responsibility...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't use any protectant on the inside.

I use Meguiars Endurance on my tires. The stuff works great and it smells like grapes .

yeah i dont use armorall yet... maybe in the future when it gets a lil dull.

and meguiars tire gel rules! same with their super sudsey purple car wash soap.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

The best thing you can use to clean your dash is soap and water. The reason you've heard so many bad things about Armor All and lots of other brands is because they contain high levels of alcohol and will dry out your dash. Dash cracks anyone? None for me thanks.

In my previous car, I used to have the guys at the carwash armor all it. I stopped quickly there after when I noticed that they weren't cleaning the grime of my shifter first. Instead, they were just caking that armor all stuff over the grime, creating yet another layer of disgusting sludge. Now,I pretty much just dust off my interior with a soft cloth and some water.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein

Mods: Kartboy shifter,Mobil 1 syn. AEM Short RAM, AEM Underdrive Pulley, Scorpion Axle-back exhaust.

At first I didn't want to use anything, but I started to notice how hot the interior gets (black everything is cool, but gets real hot...and dusty). I too heard negatives about Armorall and I never liked having to wear sunglasses to avoid the glare from my dash...and I couldn't find the low-gloss version like you stated.

I opted for a Maguire's interior shine product, and it's worked wonders (in conjuction with a sunshade). It's low shine and I can see that the dash is well protected now. Not greasy feeling at all. I don't know about the alcohol content, it's something I'll check out if I remember. Usually last for like 2 months. i can tell it's doing something because i have polarized sunglasses, so when I tilt my head I get a different glimmer effect (sounds like I'm on crack, but really, that's what polarized lens do).

The Maguire also smells nice!

I use it on almost all teh surfaces (rubber too). It helps to remove dirt and makes the scratch marks disappear.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

Pleasee check the alcohol content. It sounds like a good product, and I've been looking for something like this (sans alcohol).

Sorry it took so long to get back to you on this...

I checked the bottle, but alas, no formulary info (I guess that's to be expected). I 'll contact the Mcguire guys and ask if alcohol is added in this product.

If/when they answer, I'll update. I still think the product is first rate. I've had it on my dash for the past 2 months, and it's going strong. Ofcourse the real test will be like 6 month to a year. Still smells nice in the car...not overbearing, but subtle.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

CMA

http://www.properautocare.com/

This is the best place to go to learn about and find products to keep your looking newer than new. Here is the direct link to interior care. I use the Lexol Vinylex. The 303 and Pinnacle stuff is also very good. Everything on this site that I have ordered worked very very well. the Pinnacle Synthetic Clay bar treatment is great, especially for people who live in hot sunny places that get stuff backed into the finish, the clay bar takes that kind of crap right out. I probably spend too much money on keeping my car clean, but oh well.....