Help! Daylight Driving Light Removal.

This is a discussion on Help! Daylight Driving Light Removal. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I searched the forums but couldn't find anything related in this sense. Is there a simple and quick solution to ...

Help! Daylight Driving Light Removal.

I searched the forums but couldn't find anything related in this sense. Is there a simple and quick solution to disabling the daylight driving lights? A forum where I could find it, thanks in advance!
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Search for DRL.... Also if that doesn't work look in the DIY tutorial forum or otherwise scoobymods.com

here or here

that should do it
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

Thanks a lot guys!
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

Just drive around with your emergency brake up, so it disables the DRL's.

J/K, but I do have a problem with the drl's not running right now, and my e-brake light comes on and off with no real cause. I'm gonna go down to the dealer tomorrow and see what they can do.

alex g.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by overwrxed24
    Just drive around with your emergency brake up, so it disables the DRL's.
    i wonder if anyone actually does that
    hahah

Do you do anything to weatherproof the dangling electrical connector? Around here in New England, the contacts in that connector would corrode pretty quickly. I'm just thinking ahead in case I or another owner in the future wants to enable the DRLs again.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

Don't do it from the engine bay. disable them from the harness behind the glovebox. You wont have to worry about a thing then.

Remove the glovebox and trace wires from the "tic tac?"

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

remove the glovebox and you'll see a yellow wire harness to the right side. Just unplug it. You might even be able to to it without taking out the glovebox. If you get your head down there and look up under there you can see it. Right side of glovebox. Sorry i dont have a pic right now.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherealWRX
    I searched the forums but couldn't find anything related in this sense. Is there a simple and quick solution to disabling the daylight driving lights? A forum where I could find it, thanks in advance!
    I'm pretty retarded when it comes to electrical stuff, but isn't there a fuse we could just pull? A friend of mine disabled his Lumina's by just pulling the fuse. It didn't interfere with anything else. Just curious.

Sometimes fuses run circuits that control more than one system.

I was able to find the DRL module connector without removing the glove box. I'm considering the fog lights on w/ parking lights mod. Keeping it simple for now