self install in rear deck
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on self install in rear deck within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, looking for install advice... I have 6.5" alpine R compent speakers, and i want to put them in ...

self install in rear deck

Hey all, looking for install advice...

I have 6.5" alpine R compent speakers, and i want to put them in the rear deck, as they are too deep to put in the front without major work.

a sound shop quoted me $180 to install these suckers, and while they would do a professional job, thats just too much money for me.

The speakers are going into the rear deck of a GC8 sedan, anybody got ideas / tips / pics?
    if i say anything about buying things, remind me all i want to spend money on is school and my car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    You're going to hate me for this....buy shallower speakers and put them in the front doors. The type R's are nice...pricey....but nice. Too bad they don't fit without custom door panels.

Consider MB Q's, Dynaudio, Diamond Audio, Infinity (not a fav of mine) or any other speaker that's less than 1.7 inches deep.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

"You're going to hate me for this...."

yeah, pretty much

with no amp, what speakers would you get for the door panels?
    if i say anything about buying things, remind me all i want to spend money on is school and my car.

Are speaker spacers not an option for installing 6.5 in the front on GCs? I have spacers on mine but spent today grinding them down since the speakers sat so far out they were hitting the door panel when the cone moves forward.

Getting high end speakers like Quarts, Dynaudio, etc and using stereo power wont do them any justice.

"Are speaker spacers not an option for installing 6.5 in the front on GCs?"

not for me. the spacers will make them fit the door, but then the cone smashes into the grill on the doorpanel.

i could let the speakers stick out, making some kind of holder there, but i'm not careful enough with my feet for that.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.